IGNORED

I got a GS because:

wrestleantares

Whay a GS  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

John Bentall

Please share your innermost secret - why are you running this poll? What are you hoping to find out with this pigeon-holing?

It is nothing to do with sour grapes because I don't have a GS......

Please share your innermost secret - why are you running this poll? What are you hoping to find out with this pigeon-holing?

And why can't we vote until 11am?
wrestleantares

To answer all questions:

Why are you running this poll?

Partly for fun - I thought the gist of the post was innocuously humorous. Partly because I am curious if there are some out there that just like the GS touring capabilities and did not buy it to even touch a dirt road.

What are you hoping to find out with this pigeon-holing?

Not my intention to pigeon-hole anyone. I thought 2 and 3 were the real questions and 1 and 4 were just for fun. There can be a myriad of reasons behind the choice of a particular MC, just interested in gut reactions. Heck, it is not like any poll ever done on BMWRT is anywhere near scientifically accurate. Lighten up.

That one is because that was the default and I did not catch the time.

Why did I get a GS......because Marty has one.....why else.

WWMHD

....and remind me to kick him in the a$$ next time I see him too.

Whip

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip,

You gave up too soon. grin.gif I've got a good pal in atlanta who was given a new 12GS after going thru 3 x-missions in 4k on his '05. The new one an '06, blew an engine on the way to ca. and he now has an '07 12GS. Every time I return from a trip, I feel guilty that my bike made it with no probs. blush.gif

John Bentall

Well I wanted to look at the poll results so I answered with a 3 - I believe the GS is a truly great touring street bike, which has a certain go-anywhere capability.

I am delighted that many bought it to look cool - HD had better watch out!

The sensible guys surrounded by fire roads are presumably using KLR650's, KTM's etc to do their exploring rather than a bulky trailie while the 7ft-ers are possibly punishing themselves by wrapping themselves around supersports 600's?

It still takes all sorts to make a world.

At one point early last year, I had an '05 1200RT and an '06 GS. Since I only have space and money to own two bikes, and since the purpose of both bikes are essentially the same, I got rid of the RT. The reasons:

• The exceptional wind protection on the RT makes it hotter'n'hell to ride around So Cal in the summer. I like the extra wind in my face + on my knees.
  • 80% of my time is spent commuting/city riding. 20% is touring. Pushing an RT around in the city was not so pleasant. The RT is a pig. The GS is much lighter and handles city duties with aplomb.
  • I don't lose any functionality that the RT offers except cruise control and a stereo system. Both I can live without (although I do miss the cruise!)
  • The GS just has that "smile factor" that is hard to put in words.

I answered #2. I'm constantly snapping my head around at dirt side-roads.

However, although I started planning on a new 12 Adv last week, I'm now looking harder at a 950 or 990 Adventure.

Blame Whip.

lurker.gif

To answer all questions:

Why are you running this poll?

Partly for fun - I thought the gist of the post was innocuously humorous. Partly because I am curious if there are some out there that just like the GS touring capabilities and did not buy it to even touch a dirt road.

Partly for fun, well I voted No3, but I've just sold my GS and bought an RT lmao.giflmao.gif

Archived