IGNORED

New Pilot Road 2

BucksTherapy

BucksTherapy

I am going to need tires in the next moonth and am hearing good things about the new Polot Road2. This tire is dual compound with a harder compund in the center of the tires then the side. They are supposed to give great wear and cornering performance.

Anyone know if they can be bought in North America yet?

Hi All from South Africa.

I have a 1200 RT, done 27500km. I have had two Z6's on the back: 11700km and 9500km. Both ended on steel wires cause of the solid strip in the middle, you don't have a clue when its expired, the wires is your first scare.

So no thanks, never again.

I have done nearly 700km on Pilot Road 2 tyres front and back. Wear is starting to show bt I am sure to get a hell of a lot more mileage than with the Metz Z6!

Roadholding I cannot fault, wet weather: I have done 200km/h on straight wet road, no problem, huge spray at back, good sign.

Cornering at 180 to 200km/h it sits on tar as if glued...

At this relative earley stage I will definitely replace with same. Will update after more mileage

Peer near Cape Town clap.gif

I spoke to the Michelin rep at our dealership last month. He said that the scheduled release was Spring of '08. Given the recent problems they've had with the dual-compound Pilot Sports, and their worldwide recall of some of those tires, I hope they take their time and get it right. I don't mind waiting a bit longer. The current Pilot Road is still one heck of a tire.

bakerzdosen
That is funny. I just ordered a set from Southwest Moto Tires.
My local dealer said that their Michelin rep told them that the PilotPower recall is quite overblown (pun intended). He recommended that if someone has a set that falls in the recall category, ride them and then get them replaced when they wear out for a free set of tires (just check them frequently). I'm not sure I'd feel comfy doing that, but hey... they aren't a touring tire.

So, good luck with your Pilot Powers. (Assuming that's what you meant. Pilot Road 2's aren't available in the USA - even from SWMotoTires - yet).

CruisinCruzan

I'm curious how well they will last. I put a set of Avon Storms on my '06 RT this season and they are wearing as quickly as the stock Bridgestones that came with the bike and lasted about 7K. I had high hopes for increased wear as the storm also has a supposed harder center tread area.

Bill Murray
I'm curious how well they will last. I put a set of Avon Storms on my '06 RT this season and they are wearing as quickly as the stock Bridgestones that came with the bike and lasted about 7K. I had high hopes for increased wear as the storm also has a supposed harder center tread area.

+1. My Avon Storms are wearing similarly, and I do not expect to see more than 7k or 8k on them.

That is funny. I just ordered a set from Southwest Moto Tires.

I didn't go into full detail. The dual-compound Pilot Sport tires that are being recalled are the ones made in France. If it says, "Made in France" on the side of the tire, you qualify for the recall. If the tires say "Made in Spain" (for example), ride on.

Hi,

I missed out on a "0" in my last post,

I have done 7000km on the Pilot Road 2 and the wear is only starting to show. It seems the wear on the edges are more visible than in the centre but with the softer shoulders that is to be expected.

All in all I am very happy so far. I fitted the first set in South Africa. I flew the back tyre in from London and bought the first front tyre the day they were launched in South Africa. Date +- 20 April 07.

Will report again later. Slight noise when cornering, nothing to write home about...

I have about 2500 miles on my Pilot Roads and have to say they are the noisiest tires that I've ever owned ... right from the beginning. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you.

I have about 2500 miles on my Pilot Roads and have to say they are the noisiest tires that I've ever owned ... right from the beginning. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you.

Yes, that's my major complaint about them. Lean the bike over at all and they're howwwwwwwling. Very annoying!

Hi All,

I see I missed out on a "0" when typing the milage on my Pilot Road 2 tyres.

I have actually done 7000km so far. Slight noise when cornering but generally great. The new pattern looks great. I just don't understand why the patterns between the fron and back tyres are reversed? I have checked, they have been installed correctly with the arrows pointing in the same direction.

Also checked on the Michelin UK website and the pictures confirm the reversed patterns.

Anybody with an answer?

Archived