IGNORED

MotoGP Pre-empted by funeral

duckbubbles

duckbubbles

I am really peeved by our local station. They show the intro to the MotoGP race and cut away to a funeral happening nearby.

They are planting Lady Bird Johnson- wife of LBJ, president in the early 60's. It's on all the stations. A PRIVATE FUNERAL on TELEVISION for Christ's sake!!!

I know the motorcycle crowd pales in comparison to the public that would be interested in this, but EVERY CHANNEL?

Just had to vent somewhere.

Frank

JerryMather

Well you do live in Texas, so I kinda understand, but every channel seems a bit much even for the Cowboy state.

duckbubbles

Yeah, I mis-spoke in the heat of my rant, it's not EVERY channel, just all the locals. I could watch the thing on five different channels, same feed. That's what pisses me off. Where is SPEED when I need it?

Frank

James Clark
Yeah, I mis-spoke in the heat of my rant, it's not EVERY channel, just all the locals. I could watch the thing on five different channels, same feed. That's what pisses me off. Where is SPEED when I need it?

Frank

If you've got satellite, did you check to see if you can get CBSE?

Buy a subscription to Motogp.com. I don't think it is that expensive (can't remember how much), and you can watch the race, and other interesting race happenings (podiums, interviews, etc.) no matter what happens with the TV.

ericfoerster

It is a small price to pay for a person who gave most of their life to make things better for all of us. I’d gladly sacrifice a Moto GP race to honor a person of this eminence.

I can understand why they did and I appreciated watching it.

I met her years ago at the ranch with my grandparents. She was the real deal.

Archived