IGNORED

What is a 2000RT worth?

Beembish

I have a black 2000RT that I will be selling very soon.

Just turning 29K.

Very good shape... never down... clean.

Excellent gas mileage - always 45 to 47 mpg even 2 up.

Just had throttle synch and valve adjustment.

New Clutch at 25K due to tranny leakage common to RT's.

Z6 Metzler tires good, about 4K on both.

GS Snorkle tubes.

No topcase.

Running lights.

Stock seat.

Aeroflow shield and stock sheild.

Have run Mobil One Synth in both motor, tranny and final drive since 10K miles, changed each spring or every 4,000 miles. Hardly ever have to add oil.

Reason for selling: buying '04 RT.

What is a fair price for this bike?

The summer edition of Motorcycle Consumer News has the value listed at $7180 for a 2000 RT. Their prices seem to run a little on the high side compared to the actual selling prices for similar models on Ebay and various other selling forums.

Might want to consider a used 1200RT, big BIG differance from the 1150's.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. Depending on what you find lacking in your current bike you may want to consider a 1200, but I can't see spending money on a transition from a well-functioning and low-miles 1100 to an 1150 (which is what we are assuming you mean when you say an '04 RT)... not all that much difference there.

You will like the looks of the 1200RT after you spend some qualiity riding one smile.gifsmile.gif, it's hard to go back believe me...They are that good!

cool.gif

Stan Walker

You will like the looks of the 1200RT after you spend some qualiity riding one

I think he meant to say "you will like the looks of the 1200RT after you spend so much money........" smile.gif

So far I haven't even gotten the urge. Maybe by the time I wear out my '02 BMW will have gone full circle and returned to a good looking RT. If not, I'll steal Jan's '96 and try to wear it out too!!!!

Stan

Maybe by the time I wear out my '02 BMW will have gone full circle and returned to a good looking RT.
Well if they can dump the servo brakes like a bad habit then maybe someday the Transformer styling as well. We can dream at least.

I agree either keep the 2000 or get the 1200 . The difference is not much between the 1150 and 1100 .Unless you just want a change of bikes . Besides it seems the 2000 rt seems to be one of the more reliable,although the 04s seemed a little better also ( According to the poll done a little while ago )and from other posts I have read . You will get over the looks of the 1200 once you ride one they are nice ,I made the mistake of riding one a few months ago took me a while to get over it enough to not want to run to the bank every minute. Dave

For those of you saying there isn't much difference between the R1100 RT and 1150RT - am I missing something or wasn't the addition of a six-speed one of the changes made to the 1150? That, IMHO, is worthy of an upgrade alone (if true).

Also, I think there's a huge difference in the price of admission for late model 1200s when compared to 1150s. Yes, the 1200 is a huge step up in all respects, but it comes at a price. 2-3 years from now? Then the difference in prices between a 1200 and 1150 might not be quite as drastic.

For those of you saying there isn't much difference between the R1100 RT and 1150RT - am I missing something or wasn't the addition of a six-speed one of the changes made to the 1150? That, IMHO, is worthy of an upgrade alone (if true).

That change did come with the 1150, but it wasn't an upgrade except in rare circumstances (droning along the interstate at exactly the right speed). I considered it a downgrade.

Archived