IGNORED

Spoiler : Moto GP Results from Germany

JerryMather

duckbubbles

Wish I could have seen the race. I posted about how it was pre-empted for a FUNERAL!

With them not rebroadcasting later in the week, I'll never see what happened to Rossi. Good for Nicky, though.

At least the 250 race is on later this afternoon.

Frank

JerryMather

He was making an inside pass and leaned it over just a little too much, lifting both wheels off the pavement at the same time and slid across the track. Unfortunately for him, it appeared that the bike died as he was trying to lift it back up, with no way to restart it.

JerryMather

I'm not sure why your so happy?

Rossi: Out, Hayden: get's another podium, or that my buddy's in Red are still ahead of everybody. lmao.gif

russell_bynum
I'm not sure why your so happy?

Rossi: Out, Hayden: get's another podium, or that my buddy's in Red are still ahead of everybody. lmao.gif

1. Nicky's run from 14th to 3rd

2. Pedrosa dominating...showing that the Honda is capable.

3. Capirossi finally back on form

I wasn't happy that Rossi crashed, other than it makes the points a little more interesting.

Melandri looked really strong, too. I hope he gets the new RCV chassis for Laguna.

I dunno what happened with Colin. One minute he was sliding around and it looked like his tires were shot, and the next minute he was back on the charge.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

OK, so everyone knows why I am happy!

However, I AM bummed about Rossi...can't help but like the guy, he's a legend, and he seems like he'd be fun to grab a beer with! thumbsup.gif Sad that "Valley" (as the announcer kept calling him) gave 11 to Stoner. I like an interesting championship race, and this one isn't so interesting. It's a two man battle, and a pretty good gap between 1 and 2. We shall see...

Anyway, AND I am happy because it was an interesting race (no matter how hard CBS tried to hide that from us!) grin.gif

Pretty good race all in all. If you told me Hayden was going to beat Stoner I would have bet you were wrong...not sure if Stoner was having problems at the end or just playing it cool...

I was sorry about Rossi but no excuses, he was just pushing hard and crossed that line from controlled chaos to crashing....and his nickname is Vale so I think the announcer gets a pass on that, but when he said a Ducati was in the lead (going to one of the breaks) and it was clearly a Honda that was pretty annoying. As were the long silent pauses...Rossi passed into 7th early on and they never mentioned it.....

Better coverage on Speed for sure.....

duckbubbles
...annoying. As were the long silent pauses...

Much of the time, silence is more enjoyable than the meaningless prattle of a lot of announcers.

Frank

Perhaps if you are watching golf or bowling....I like the enthusiasm and knowledge of the Speed announcers....the World Super Bike guys are also first rate.....

When Rossi crashed and it was shown on the screen, the announcer matter of factly mentioned it was the Doctor. I know the European guys would have been screaming in horror.

I wonder if the feed came from Europe or if CBS had their cameras there. It seemed like the spent an inordinate amount of time for the battle for 7th or so place because it included the Americans.

and his nickname is Vale so I think the announcer gets a pass on that

I guess...I always thought the nickname was "Val-lay" as in, valet parking, not Valley, as in, like fur shur, valley girls! tongue.gifgrin.gif

And yeah, we noticed the incorrect call going into the commercial break too.

Agree with the other poster too; the European guys were probalby coming apart when Rossi crashed.

Maybe it's just me, but CBS has the worst coverage of MotoGP. Schwantz is a tremendous rider and former GP champ, but will someone please take the microphone away from him and the other chap?

At least the 'regular' MotoGP announcers REALLY get into the race. I love to hear Brits shout at the edge of their seats. thumbsup.gif

Maybe it's just me, but CBS has the worst coverage of MotoGP. Schwantz is a tremendous rider and former GP champ, but will someone please take the microphone away from him and the other chap?

At least the 'regular' MotoGP announcers REALLY get into the race. I love to hear Brits shout at the edge of their seats. thumbsup.gif

The WSBK announcers are the best. These guys on CBS made me feel like I was watching golf.

I think the most irritating thing is how quiet it is (totally agree with you about the golf comment). If you're gonna take so long between saying something, at least turn up the bike noise and crowd noise. When we watched the 250 race, you could hear the crowd roar with each exciting pass. NADA during the GP race. It's like there was no one there. smirk.gif

I think the announced number was 101,000 in attendance. anyone know what a NASCAR race draws. I have to think that 101,000 is considered a pretty big crowd. And as noted above the CBS coverage really gave no sense to how big the sport and this particular race was. I have the motogp.com account, and even when it is on mainstream TV I always go back and watch it on motogp.com. The motogp announcers really get excited and you can hear the crowd roar.

Archived