IGNORED

Airglide 2 Pants

DonB

Anyone using these? I am looking for a pair of summer pants to replace my BMW summer pants and am looking for feedback on these.

Thanks

Don

Got mine the end of June, Oklahoma is about 95 degrees with 80% humidity today. They are great for pants, this is the first pair of riding pants I have ever purchase for the street. I got them in grey and they seem to stay cool and let air thru pretty well.

Got mine the end of June, Oklahoma is about 95 degrees with 80% humidity today. They are great for pants, this is the first pair of riding pants I have ever purchase for the street. I got them in grey and they seem to stay cool and let air thru pretty well.

+1

I have the silver as well, not too bad in the high humidity of lower Alabama!

Got mine a year ago and love them. Mine are silver. I often ride in shorts under the pants on the really hot days. I wear them most of the year round. Little chilly even with the liner in January.

I would recommend ordering your regular pant size. We have 3 pair in the family. I have two pair, one I use as over pants and the other as hot weather gear with only underwear beneath them. Mine are both size 36, and the ones I use for over pants have stretched out some. They may return after washing, sort of like a pair of jeans. The feature I like most is the full length zippers. Very easy to put on. The grey color is not as hot in the sun an looks good enough that you don't get too many looks in a restaurant! I have around 20K miles on my first set and they still function as new. Very well made.

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to give them a try.

One more questions...Does the liner keep the water out?

The thermal liner is supposed to be waterproof. I have not tested that claim. Remember, it is also quilted for warmth. Not really what you want to wear in the summer. I either accept getting wet or use rain pants over the Airglides.

+1 They are great pants. Typically if very hot I wear shorts underneath. for the winter I use the liner plus a pair of jeans. I got my pants size and they seem to work fine (a little snug with the liner and jeans but not uncomfortable) The liner is water "resistant". Of course it was a pretty kick butt rain storm so who knows where the water actually snuck in.

I got a pair (black) in May I use for commuting between about 55F-85F, depending on the weather. Light rain has been a non-issue.

Normally wear them over pants/jeans, love the long zippers. They get a bit warm for me in slow heavy traffic when it's 85+ and humid.

This thread is going to cost me $$$. (Donations welcome)

Yesterday I got back from a warm weather ride wearing my two piece Stich saying I have to get some type of summer overpants. The jacket vents OK but the pants are hot. As others here, I wear shorts underneath in the summer. These look like a great solution.

Archived