IGNORED

2000 RT Question about Windscreen not lowering completely

CaptainKcorb

CaptainKcorb

I just got back from the Port Dover Friday the 13th run (great event) and while I was clearing the bug juice off I noticed that the screen isn't coming all the way back to the small rubber stops in the lowered position.

It's settling onto the upper pair but sitting out about 6mm above the lower ones. I might be paranoid but it seems like the screen is shaking a little more over bumps but that might just be me.

The screen operates perfectly otherwise, going up and down smoothly, no weird noises, etc. My question is whether this is normal (bike has 115K kms on it, the majority with the screen fully up) and can it be adjusted around so it sits properly? Also, will running it like this lead to more problems with the arms or the screen even coming back for a visit with my helmet?

Anybody out there had to deal with this?

Thanks

CaptainKcorb

Thanks Ken,

It's an odd thing to notice after 7 seasons but sometimes life's like that. I'll just keep an eye on it.

I have a 2000 1100RT and mine is exactly as you describe...full contact on the top bumpers - about 6mm from the bottom. Looking at the mechanics, it appears as though they'd never touch the bottom bumpers. When the screen is in its lowest position, it rests on the top bumpers and channel rails that raise and lower it.

Just for grins, I fully extended the screen to see if it rests on the bottom bumpers then. Nope.

Just a thought - although I doubt it is the case - maybe with wind pressure against the screen it touches the bottom bumpers. ???

More than likely, it's simply a case of over engineering.

My screen is exactly as yours is. I have had 2 bikes the same and on this second bike I have had 2 drive mechanisms! all the same. Moreover on the second bike with the second drive mech I have had a second screeen (keep up at the back!) all the same. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

Andy

Archived