IGNORED

Death of the Suz DL 1000

AZKomet

I was rattin' around at the dealer today looking at the DL 1000 V Strom as I am looking for a dual sport. To my surprise I was told that 1000 is no longer available. The 650 is online for 08 (abs too) but not the 1000. Figures....I liked the bike from the get go. Has anyone heard about his? Certainly the dealer knows...or at least should!

After Suzuki was able to pry actual dollars out of Wurty's cobweb-encrusted wallet in exchange for his V-Strom 1000, they figured they had succeeded in reaching their last possible customer. End of the road.

russell_bynum
After Suzuki was able to pry actual dollars out of Wurty's cobweb-encrusted wallet in exchange for his V-Strom 1000, they figured they had succeeded in reaching their last possible customer. End of the road.
lmao.gif

No way, EffBee, theres gotta be at least one more sucker! grin.gif Er, um, I mean customer.

Man I think that was a shot ???

I love my 1000.

Just one more upgrade for the suspension and I will have half the money in to her as I would to buy a bone stock RT.

I also don't have to worry about the rear drive unit exploding hauling my big A$$ around.

If Suzuki isn't making the Vstrom 1000 any longer then I would get a Suzuki Bandit. Best bang for the buck. 100_0413.jpg

Preach on brother!

I have both a big and a wee strom and while I'm transitioning from wee to Vee, I love the power of the bigger bike. It's just a fun bike to play with! thumbsup.gif

My wife and I stopped by a dealer today jsu ot take a look. I'm wanting to consilodate my KLX250S (which I rarely use on trials, mostly dirt roads) and R1150R into a adventure bike. She looked at the passenger pegs and said heck no... not low enough. I know it costs less, and I'm probably just spoiled by the attention to detail of BMWs, but some parts just seemed too cheap. The passenger pegs had over 1/4" of slop on the pivot.

Despite the concern about reliability and critcal system failures... I'll probably be getting a R1200GS.

I think teh 1000 they had on the floor has sat there for a year. The 650's sell quickly. The small engine is preferred by many for fuel economy, lighter weight and lower sticker price. I also notice Suzuki never mentions using the bike off paved road... which is goofy because why else would you put a 110 x 19" front and 150 x 17"?

Overall I think this segment will continue to expand. These adventure bikes have great visibility for commuting and hte flexibility to handle roungh roads.

I heard rumors last year of the second generation v-strom coming out. If this is the year it would be normal for it to be announced later than the models that are not being reworked significantly. Stay tuned.

Man I think that was a shot ???

Oh! Ya think??? cool.gif

If Suzuki isn't making the Vstrom 1000 any longer then I would get a Suzuki Bandit. Best bang for the buck.

It'd need the same upgrades (suspension, brakes maybe etc), but you may be right.

thumbsup.gif

I heard rumors last year of the second generation v-strom coming out. If this is the year it would be normal for it to be announced later than the models that are not being reworked significantly. Stay tuned.

What is intersting is that I picked up my Aug 07 Rider rag from the pile today and saw that the V Strom 1000, the Buell XB12X, Duc 1100S and the Triumph Tiger 1050 were all put to the test. The DL 1000 got great reviews for all categories except the front binders...was a bit weak. If the DL 1000 was not a future contender in the market then why do this? I think you may be right in the stay tuned department! confused.gif

You'll love it! I just got a barely used (1600 miles) 2006 that I really am enjoying. I am forcing myself to relearn how to ride it, since I'm so used to the DL650.

I'm not sure if I'll keep the 650 or not, I'm hoping my wife will want to ride it, or, I may keep it and spoon some knobs on it and use it for more offroad stuff.

They're great bikes, I'm confident you'll like one if you get it.

Archived