IGNORED

Anyone find a good solution to modify the passenger pillion to stop sliding?

lthj75

Wife continues to slide forward.....looking for an economic way to modify the seat to make it more comfortable. Anyone reshape the foam and then recover the seat? I am in NJ otherwise i would visit Rich's which I read people used in Seattle.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Larry

You need to build up the very front portion of the rear seat about 2" with additional foam and it will taper down to almost nothing by the time it gets to the rear portion of the seat. You want to make the seat parallel with the ground or level when you are looking at it. I had an upholstery guy do it for me. He modified the front seat as well. The job including new covers for both seats was $75. That might not sound like much and it isn't but to take the covers off the pan is a piece of cake. Heck you are just adding a little foam and recovering the seat so it really should not be a lot of money. I would definitely seek out an upholstery guy that has experience with motorcycle seats and auto seats. He should be able to fix you right up at a fair value.

Larry

You need to build up the very front portion of the rear seat about 2" with additional foam and it will taper down to almost nothing by the time it gets to the rear portion of the seat. You want to make the seat parallel with the ground or level when you are looking at it. I had an upholstery guy do it for me. He modified the front seat as well. The job including new covers for both seats was $75. That might not sound like much and it isn't but to take the covers off the pan is a piece of cake. Heck you are just adding a little foam and recovering the seat so it really should not be a lot of money. I would definitely seek out an upholstery guy that has experience with motorcycle seats and auto seats. He should be able to fix you right up at a fair value.

So you just went to a local upholstery shop who worked on motorcycle seats? You happy with the results?

Drink lots of beer and allow your hind parts to act as a slide arrestor. Of course at that point your better half will have left you in disgust and your worries will be over.

Archived