IGNORED

Best source for switched power for my V1 and Garmin Emap?

Wildwestrider

Wildwestrider

What is the best source of switched power on the R1200RT? I will be needing to plug in and unplug the v1 which is in a Legal speeding weather proof box....so will also need the ability to have a quick disconnect right at the V...the Garmin Emap---may be screwed on.....it has an auto style cigarette lighter plug with a built in transformer or voltage reducer.

Brian in Austin

Brian, if you have time build one of these.

57369078.jpg

I read Baker's post about electrifying a tank bag several years ago and it just made good sense to me. I can pull my radar, gps, and XM down off the ram mounts, unplug and remove my tank bag in no more than a minute. This is my 3rd bike and tank bag set up this way.

Come on by if you'd like a closer look.

To answer your question; you can pull switched power from your aux plug.

Wildwestrider

Gregory, Thanks for offering. If you are not riding this Sunday, I may come by for a look,...but,....I am still tank bagless for this bike and this ride.........looks Like I will be pulling my electronics off and locking in my side cases. Thought I had a tank bag located,...but it got away from me.

while I am thinking of it,...you dont by any chance have a standard height Seat you might consider selling do you? My bike has the factory low seat......too low for me.

Brian

The spare seat I have is the low version.

I'll be around Sunday afternoon if you want to stop by.

Archived