IGNORED

BMW anonymous question

TracerBullet

TracerBullet

For anyone that has multiple bikes, has anyone used this while riding another bike rather than your BMW?

Stupid question but how would a member take it if you called for "whatever needed" but showed up on your "other bike"

It would not bother me and I would help out anyway. I figure they have my contact number so they must ride, or have had, a BMW

thoughts?

I try to stop and help riders wheneven I can no matter what bike they are on. By extension, BWMA, I would not care what bike they are on.

For anyone that has multiple bikes, has anyone used this while riding another bike rather than your BMW?

Stupid question but how would a member take it if you called for "whatever needed" but showed up on your "other bike"

It would not bother me and I would help out anyway. I figure they have my contact number so they must ride, or have had, a BMW

thoughts?

thoughts?

I've rescued people who have called me who were not, at the time, on a BMW. I don't care.

I've helped fellow motorcyclists on the road, even harley dudes and have been helped in kind over the years. Doesn't matter what type unless you have some sort of strange religion.

When I got a call from a MOA rider years ago the fellow was quite beligerent because I did not have a specific type of oil at his disposal. I did find a source of the specific brand and sent him on his way to find it.

On the other hand I met some really great folks using the annonomousus book when in need myself. thumbsup.gif

Steve_Witmer

BMWMOA membership does not require ownership of a BMW motorcycle. As a member listed in the book, I would provide assistance if able regardless of the motorcycle a member was riding.

I will stop for any biker even if I'm in my cage to offer any assistance needed. That is a "Code of the Road".

I stopped and helped a guy on a Harley Davidson in May on my way to Torrey. He broke down on H163 a few miles East of Mexican Hat. When I first drove by I gave him a look over and quite frankly he looked pretty scary. But he turned out to be nice enough. He was pissed because he said about two dozen other Harley riders had gone by and not one had stopped. It was hotter than hell and we were too far out for cell phones. Anyways I road into town and called the sheriff (at his request) who went out and got him. A few minutes after I called the Law they showed up at the Circle K and he was pretty thankful. It was a long ways to get to a repair facility though and he did not have towing coverage. Anyways, I was glad I could help a little. Helping others in need is Good Karma!

Cheers!

BMWOA anonymous...regardless of make, I would help.

As for stopping on the road, I had this happen three weekends ago:

Motoring along solo, came around a bend and saw a bike stopped at the side.

A H-D rider and his pillion were off the bike. He was looking at the motor, she was looking at me. I gave a thumbs up and helmet nod ( question) gesture. She didn't return thumbs up or even a wave..I passed, went a 1/2 mile, then turned around. I stopped to see if all was ok, what I got was all attitude. "I'm just lookin' at my ride man, you didn't have to stop".Total BS, but I left with have a nice day and motored off.

I would stop every time, but would expect anyone stopped in a strange spot to at least recognise a rider as he/she passes...

thumbsup.gif

MB>

Bill_Walker
--------------------

04 R1150RT Silver

69 Chevelle Ragtop

If you're gonna call me when your '69 Chevelle breaks down, I might have to think twice. grin.gif

If you're on two wheels, you're part of the clan, and I'm here to help.

I'll help any bike or rider. Except Harley riders. Don't want to get beat up. Just kidding, just kidding. Actually stopped for a Harley guy yesterday. He was okay though. Nice guy. Funny they always end up saying that they wished they bought that BMW they were looking at. Do you think they mean it or are they afraid I'll beat em up?

It's been my experience that MOA members in the book don't care what you ride. That's why they're in the book.

ISYHTRAH

Archived