IGNORED

New toy

Hoover

Well I did it, went out and bought our first cruiser. Picked up a new Suzuki Boulevard S83. This will primarily be my wife's bike after she gets back in the saddle after her surgery, but I will just have to be a good husband and break the bike in for her. grin.gif

I have to say that I thought the guy was joking when he told me it would only go about 130 miles on a tank of fuel. None-the-less, it will be a great ride for my better half, she needs a break after 100 miles or so, now it will just have to be at a fuel station.

Maybe it just me, but after the ride home last night, I still think my S is waaay more comfortable than even this cruiser...will that change as I get used to the new riding position? I will see, I think I'll have to put some miles on it this weekend to get the showroom dust off it. clap.gif

We have C50s. Great bikes, for cruisers. The C's can go almost 200 miles (4.1 G tank) on a tank of gas, a big factor in our choice since in the West range can be an issue. We put Mustang seats on them. The Mustang puts you down and back, so then you need pullback risers. The wife needed so much riser, that she needed custom cables too. We used Brakeaway throttle locks. A bit touchy to install, but a dream to use.

We put krauser side cases (twisted throttle) on them and memphis shades windshields. You still get pretty beat up on long (200 miles is long on a C) rides.

Don't know if any of that is any help with the S, but thought I'd put it out there for you.

Have fun on the new ride! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Yea, I went through a rear tire on the S somewhere in the 3500 mile range. Left it on just short of 5K, which was stupid, but it still had "some" life in it.

Just put on a new set of Avon Storms which are a sport touring tire rather than a complete sport tire like the Pilot Powers. Can't say whether I like them yet or not, mostly negative right now with about 500 miles on them. They seem very skiddish when they are cool and the pavement is hot.

I am sure I will like wear on the tires much more than the Pilot Powers though.

Not sure how long the shoes on the cruiser will be good for, but 6K to 7K would be nice.

Yea, I went through a rear tire on the S somewhere in the 3500 mile range. Left it on just short of 5K, which was stupid, but it still had "some" life in it.

Must be nice.

At just under 10k I put on my 4th rear & that was taking them down to the shiny wear bars blush.gif

Hope the new PP 2 ct does better.

Archived