IGNORED

Desmosedici

pbbeck

Mine did too. That's a beautiful bike. What was your reaction when you first saw your Brutale? I like that one even more than the Ducati.

Mine did too. That's a beautiful bike. What was your reaction when you first saw your Brutale? I like that one even more than the Ducati.

When I first saw the Brutale? Hmm... if I recall correctly two things happened.

(a) My knees got weak and

(b) My bank account got small. grin.gif

the desmosedici is an awesome looking bike but they need to get rid of that giant white stripe on the fairing in my opinion. i saw a gorgeous charcoal black 1098 at the local dealer in my area last saturday and man was i tempted to trade in my 2006 KS. i envy the person that gets to own a desmosedici because it's got to be an awesome ride.

• 7 months later...
Sorry, there's no point to this post other than to say that I saw this photo and my knees got weak.

Paul, I know the feeling.. That one is on my wish list (well along with the wish of enough spare cash to buy it)..

That is a nice bike right up to the point of having to remove the cylinder heads to do a valve adjustment (that would take the fun out of ownership).. I guess if you have the money to own it you can pay the 12 hours of labor to have the valves adjusted.. (I think the first 3 are free anyway).. To set the cam belt tension you need a frequency analyzer as the belts are set by plucking frequency..

Still wouldn’t turn it down if I could afford it..

Twisty

JerryMather
the desmosedici is an awesome looking bike but they need to get rid of that giant white stripe on the fairing in my opinion. i saw a gorgeous charcoal black 1098 at the local dealer in my area last saturday and man was i tempted to trade in my 2006 KS. i envy the person that gets to own a desmosedici because it's got to be an awesome ride.

I like that BIG White Strip. Remember, this is a race replica of the former MotoGP bike that was painted just like that a few years ago. Hint: The strip is the Marbloro cigarette logo without their name because they can not use the entire logo for advertising purposes on televised sporting events and this is their way of getting around that.

I'm sure it's an awesome ride at the track but it is so stiff that on the street it's got to be a pretty uncomfortable, but that wouldn't stop me from taking up into the local Mt's from time to time if I owned one. thumbsup.gif

Archived