IGNORED

New Harley Road King CVO has Fly-by-wire throttle and ABS....

Deadboy

Matts_12GS

Too bad it's only on the "dreamin' beagle" edition and not something a tad more pedestrian that will get more use/attention.

Wow. $30k+. ooo.gif

That's hilarious. $30k on a bike? That would buy me an RT like the one I already have, a good used GS, AND a good used LT....

Reading the statement it also says that it will have cruise control which was one of the reasons they switched to the fly-by-wire. Nice to see they are coming out with a real abs system and not the converted car abs that filled a sidebag they were selling to police agencies.

Cruise control has been available on Harleys for a while now.

It was standard equipment on my 07 Road Glide and it works quite well. thumbsup.gif

Bill_Walker
Too bad it's only on the "dreamin' beagle" edition and not something a tad more pedestrian that will get more use/attention.

From the linked article:

"The other big news is Harley's new ABS system, which is standard on the Road King and Ultra Classic CVOs and will be a $795 option on all regular Harley touring models and VRSC models for 2008" (emphasis mine)

Also, "The ABS brakes, which incorporate Brembo four-piston calipers front and rear, provide ample stopping power with a two-finger pull, unlike Harley brakes of the past that called for a full fist of effort."

motorman587

From the linked article:

"The other big news is Harley's new ABS system, which is standard on the Road King and Ultra Classic CVOs and will be a $795 option on all regular Harley touring models and VRSC models for 2008" (emphasis mine)

Also, "The ABS brakes, which incorporate Brembo four-piston calipers front and rear, provide ample stopping power with a two-finger pull, unlike Harley brakes of the past that called for a full fist of effort."

Thank all the motor officers that tested their first batch of ABS. grin.gif

Missouri Bob

I just went to Harley's web site to see the 2008 bikes.I read the following, and I have to say that I do not understand it.

"Integrated Turn Signal Controls

Self-canceling turn signals that can sense the motion of the bike. Just one of many hand control integrations designed to allow the rider to maintain their hand position. H-D motorcycles are the only bikes in the industry equipped with hazard signals." (my italics)

Why try to bullshit us? Many other bikes have hazard signals.

Bob

fourteenfour
At least ABS will be an opition and I think that is great news, for Harley. clap.gif

I think that that was the most important information in the article.

Archived