IGNORED

Hico Pie Ride -Pics

Limecreek

The morning started off dry until I arrived in Lampasas. As soon as I put my kickstand down the heavens opened up. It only last a few minutes and the sun was out and bike dry before Whip arrived.

81903858.jpg

Bob (Buckster) showed up a few minutes after Whip and the 3 of us headed to Higgins Gap, a Texas ghost town I wanted to check out on the way.

We arrived in Higgins Gap aka Izoro and didn't find much more than an old gas station that had been converted to a rural post office--still it was kind of cool to think what it must have been like when the station was brand new.

81904238.jpg

The Koffee Kup is in Hico, Texas and they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, but are best known for their pie.

81904278.jpg

Some of the pie riders decided that man can not live on pie alone and ordered a lunch with their pie.

81904326.jpg

Most of the group just had pie.

81904412.jpg

The pie riders seemed content.

81904436.jpg

And, the NORTEX group was happy to be riding and eating...again.

81904509.jpg

After the feast we headed outside and found wet bikes! It rained....again. Most of us took it in stride.

81904598.jpg

On the other hand Eric broke out into the best 1bmwfan impersonation I've ever seen.

81904727.jpg

Part of the NORTEX group geared up and headed for home. Nice to meet you Dawn!

81905601.jpg

81905696.jpg

Stephen plotted a course home and the rest of bid farewell to the Koffee Kup.

81905725.jpg

81905758.jpg

Whip wanted to head south to check out Pedernales Falls. With all the rain we've had, we expected a dramatic display of white water rapids.

On the way back we lost Bob, but saw him zip through town as he passed the Shell station in Lampasas. Sorry we lost you Bob. dopeslap.gif

Whip's new bike is looking pretty good.

81905860.jpg

We arrived at the falls to a somewhat less than spectacular display. If you look close you can see a faint line in the rocks--waterline. The signs in the area said the water can rise 10-15 feet in this area in minutes----spooky.

81905873.jpg

On way back up the hill to the parking lot we ran across this little bug rolling a dung ball up the hill, to lord knows where. And I always thought it rolled down hill.

81905946.jpg

He--assuming it is a he, fell off the ball, got right back up, mounted the ball and rolled on. It was hilarious.

81906059.jpg

Whip and I parted ways. He headed down 281 to San Antonio and I head home the back way. Within a few minutes after our departure I ran into a typical Texas low water crossing. This one had a little less than a foot of water running across the road and a fair amount of slime on the road surface. Time to build some new skills.

81906094.jpg

I didn't even need to break out my snorkle.

It was great to see all my fellow pie riders.

See you soon!

ericfoerster

Great snaps Greg. thumbsup.gif

I had a blast and the timing of this ride was perfect. The walls were closing in on me at work and I needed to get away.

Steve and Polo sure needed to ride with us bncry.gif

Hey Greg,

Thanks for bringing us along for the ride. I can almost taste that lemon pie, yummmmm. Glad y'all had a great time. I'm gonna have to pay Texas a visit before too long.

Firefight911

Awesome tale! Weird, it was raining? In Texas?

Oh, and BTW, that is a miserable iompersonation of cleaining!!! I don't smoke! Posers!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Thanks for taking us along. There are a lot of us who just can't seem to buy a ride lately so I really look forward to the ride tales!

I want that pie!! Yummy looking stuff! thumbsup.gif

81905860.jpg

Those look like oversize tanks, whip...

Kinda gives that new ride of his that rugged, armored personnel carrier look, don't it.
Firefight911
81905860.jpg

Kinda gives that new ride of his that rugged, armored personnel carrier look, don't it.

Bad boys, Bad Boys

What'cha goin' do when they come for you

Bad Boys, Bad Boys . . .

smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

"Those look like oversize tanks, whip... "

11.6 gallons.

Range has gone from 175 miles to over 400.

Alaska is right around the corner.

Whip

Good to meet you too Greg. I'm still making the connections with screen names. Whip was easy. smile.gif

Made me laugh that you 1)spotted that bug and 2) took pictures!

Look forward to the next ride in my range. smile.gif

Hey Whip, was good to meet you this weekend. I finally saw the pics you wer talking about with your yard flooding. Amazing. Welll done. smile.gif

You just gotta pay more attention Wayne! It did give us an opportunity to talk about you. smile.gif Any updates on that final drive?

skinny_tom (aka boney)
81905860.jpg

Bad boys, Bad Boys

What'cha goin' do when they come for you

Bad Boys, Bad Boys . . .

smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

Chris Blais said this about his Dakar bike, I think it's fitting: "The only time you have too much gas is when your bike's on fire."

Chris Blais said this about his Dakar bike, I think it's fitting: "The only time you have too much gas is when your bike's on fire."
lmao.gif

Well, when you use my name I hope it's not 'in vain.'

1. I don't think that it's the final drive. I think that it's the U-joint, but that's just what my ear is hearing.

2. Apparently, I'm having to have the entire dash display replaced to fix the non-functioning odo/speedo. UNFORTUNATELY, the bike has been in the shop two weeks, and the part is still back-ordered, and the shop hopes to have it within the week. Me too, since I was supposed to be heading out to Keeweenaw on the 19th of July for a six-day, 110 stamp recon mission. As in, the trip that breaks the current IBA record. Now I'm sweating it a little because I've only got six weeks left in my calendar and I'm currently at 406 stamps (106 from the record).

3. The ABS sensor was damaged, but it's been replaced.

4. I'm pursuing this under the extended warranty, but didn't understand that the dealership repair shop was responsible for turning in the bill and coordinating it with the insurance company. I thought that I had to do that. I'm pretty ignorant of insurance legalities/technicalities and this totally caught me unawares. Fortunately, no work other than the ABS has been done so I'm hoping that it's not much of an issue.

And that's the update as of 3 minutes ago!

Here's a sample of what the stamps look like now:

helmetNPS.gif

Wow, good luck. Hope they get it fixed PDQ. The stamps look great. Much better than betty boob. <G> Sounds like a serious mission on the 19th. Keep us posted! If your trip is in jeopardy sport rider rentals has bikes available. Hope you don't need it though!

jeez. 'betty boob'

You really don't like my cheerleader?

I put it up in another forum and it beat out my 'stamps' sig by a 50 to 19 vote.

Wonder why...

Seriously tho. Is it offensive?

helmetCHEER-1.gif

Archived