IGNORED

Should this work?

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

I have a friend that just bought a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. I installed his Autocom 7 pin system from his previous bike so that he can communicate using his FRS radio with the group he usually rides with. His bike comes with a rider-pass intercom and a CB. The plugs are 5 pin. There is one person he rides with that has a CB equipped bike. I would like to buy the 5 pin to 7 pin adapter cable from Autocom. The pin assignments on his OEM system are different than on the autocom. I was going to buy DIN plugs/wire so that I can make a short cable that would connect the r speaker lead on his system to the R speaker lead on the autocom system and so forth. This would allow him to use the full autocom set up when riding with his usual group and his built in set up when riding with his CB friend. Should this work or are there other variables I need to consider. So far I haven't found a way to connect the FRS radio to his system and be able to toggle between CB and FRS which is why I am considering this cable adapter route. Thanks

Archived