IGNORED

Idiot lights ?

beagle

2 days ago I was forced to use 87 gas because I was bone dry in BFE, and that's all they had. Yesterday I went for a ride, it was in the upper 90's, and after some stop and go comming into town my engine was giving me some weird vibes, the triangle light and abs out light came on when I re-started, and my brakes failed. We went to the bar for a while (1 hr) came back, and It did it again. I limped back to the freeway, the did a restart, lights went off, it was much cooler, and I had no problems. Should I dump the fuel and see what happens, or does it need to go in?

Thanks

2 days ago I was forced to use 87 gas because I was bone dry in BFE, and that's all they had. Yesterday I went for a ride, it was in the upper 90's, and after some stop and go comming into town my engine was giving me some weird vibes, the triangle light and abs out light came on when I re-started, and my brakes failed. We went to the bar for a while (1 hr) came back, and It did it again. I limped back to the freeway, the did a restart, lights went off, it was much cooler, and I had no problems. Should I dump the fuel and see what happens, or does it need to go in?

Thanks

Beagle, there is no connection between the type of gasoline used & your ABS brakes.. It’s possible the lower grade of gasoline (especially if it had high alcohol content) could cause a little engine runability problems or engine noises but there is no way that would effect your braking system..

If both your ABS & general brake warning lights were on that means you had some sort of a brake failure so you should probably take the bike in & have the brake codes read & at the very least have the technician check out the brake system..

As far as the low octane gasoline? Probably just run it out then add some better gasoline at the next re-fueling..

Twisty

Archived