IGNORED

Lost A Friend Today

jbr7t

I received a phone call a couple hours ago. Two friends of mine were meeting up for a ride this afternoon a little after 2pm. When RZ didn't show at the meeting point Matt tried the cell and no answer, so he decided to ride out toward his house. En route he came across a bad traffic backup and the road being completely shut down.

According to the initial police release RZ left his house and while traveling down the road a car pulled out, cutting him off. The bike t-boned the car and RZ separated from the bike. Another motorcyclist killed by a motorist not paying attention to the road and others around him.

Please keep his family in your prayers. His mother was taken by cancer just a couple years ago which was and still is incredibly hard on his father. I just can't even fathom how this will effect him.

Les is more

It started as a careless moment in one person's day but has created emptiness and grief in your life and that of your friend's family. I'm very sorry to hear this.

I'm so sad for your loss of your friend, James. I hope in time your mind and heart will be filled with the blessing of your time together, and those memories will remain strong in you.

I hope you can be there for his father, James, if at all you can do that. So many of us would be there for you both if we could.

Peace, friend.

Francois_Dumas

That is just aweful James, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences and further them to RZ's father and family.

Stormrider

James very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. The cagers will just never understand. Prayers for all involved.

WOW..thanks so much for all the words of encouragement and prayers. It still amazes me how close two wheels can bring people together that have never met and they immediately have a brotherly bond. I'm trying to get some more information about the wreck and I will keep everyone posted.

I have been trying very hard to keep from being angry at the motorist. It's not an easy thing to do. He/She made a mistake and it took a life. But I can't even imagine the pain of knowing that your actions are the direct cause of anothers death. I'm sure the driver of that cage is suffering too. The christian in me knows I should not be angry...but it is much easier said than done.

Thanks again for all the support from everyone! What an amazing community of riders we have!!!

Not a matter of "if" but "when" with all of us. No matter "when" is it always way to soon. I bet you will be there to help out the family in a time in need. Sorry for the loss to you and the family.

I struggle with the weight of a response to you. My heart cries out for your loss and the calamity wave that has spread as a result of this momentary lapse of attention.

Each time I read here and on the other motorcycle DB's that I pester of another down, the cloak of sorrow that wraps around me gets heavier. There are so many of you here that, if you were lost, it would continue to tear apart a heart of mine that is still freshly cut. I hate the thought of "when not if". This is such a great community of good people that any loss in it is incredibly painful.

Cameron's (bmweerman) rise from the depth's of his accident has been such a soul-lifting event for me. One down but not gone and coming back with a vengeance. Thank goodness. We need all of you here.

James, the full measure of my condolences goes out to you and your friend's family.

• 2 weeks later...
Effervescent
I have been trying very hard to keep from being angry at the motorist. It's not an easy thing to do.

I wouldn't try to fight the angry feeling too much. You lost a dear friend. Anger is part of the necessary steps to eventually recover and coming to terms with that loss.

-Eff

too sad and unnecessary loss of a lot life left. My condolences to all family close and remote.

And another lesson for all of us to just stick to, everyone in traffic is supposedly going to do what is worst for us at any time.

ride safely

h

James,

Sorry for your loss and that of your friend's family ...

Open note to all on this board .... I hope everyone gets to all our destinations safely - I've heard of enough losses this year. bncry.gif

Open note to all on this board .... I hope everyone gets to all our destinations safely - I've heard of enough losses this year. bncry.gif

Amen bncry.gif

Archived