IGNORED

Eric Buell is serious

itchybro

Good find Itchy. Google turns up nada for me. Definitely piqued my interest too. Looks like a Tuono/Superduke competitor but set up for some decent wind management for the track.

Baba_ORiley
Looks like it's been taken down.

Damn.

Guess so. The only Buell video I find is a French language review of the Lightning.

Guess so. The only Buell video I find is a French language review of the Lightning.

Found a copy here.

I can't wait to read the first hands-on reviews. This is exciting. I haven't even seen it yet and I want one.

I want one BAD!

Pretty sweet looking but who is going to work on it? I hear the Buell owner is already treated as the red headed step child at the HD dealer......

Pretty sweet looking but who is going to work on it? I hear the Buell owner is already treated as the red headed step child at the HD dealer......

There shouldn't be much "work" involved with it. Its a liquid cooled V-twin with self adjusting valves. Besides oil changes and basic driveline maintenance, I don't know what else there should be to really do to it. But then again.....I'm the kind of person that refuses to own something that I can't work on myself (car or bike).

Its a liquid cooled V-twin with self adjusting valves.
With a 10.5k redline, I seriously doubt it's going to have self adjusting valves. Although, I hope it does - that's one of my primary attractions to Buells/Harleys - the low maintenance factor.
Its a liquid cooled V-twin with self adjusting valves.
With a 10.5k redline, I seriously doubt it's going to have self adjusting valves. Although, I hope it does - that's one of my primary attractions to Buells/Harleys - the low maintenance factor.

Oops.....your right.....I may have jumped the gun there. I thought I remembered seeing it when I watched the video yesterday. I just just went back and rewatched it and it didn't mention the valves. I just read a bunch of bike reviews in my new Cycle World magazine yesterday......I must have been thinking of a different bike.

Shim type finger follower valves... Erik Buell listened to the do-it-yourself crowd. 146hp @ 9800 RPM. The Buell site (now updated for 2008) has an 1125R minisite link. I found a dyno in there that's kind of impressive! I'm sure the powerplant will make it into a more sport touring type version. Buell made it VERY clear that it's NOT a ROTAX engine. Buell engineers designed the engine down to the finest detail apparently then sent it to ROTAX to be built.

I SURE wouldn't mind seeing that or a VERY similar engine end up in an F series BMW!!!! Make an F1150ST??... drool... slobber.... cry.......

290658.jpg

290588.jpg

Originally I thought this was VROD powered, but it's better - that motor makes 118 horsepower, this is a rotax/buell design that makes 146 at 375 pounds. $11,995. Dealers on every corner...

gettysburg

Oops.....your right.....I may have jumped the gun there. I thought I remembered seeing it when I watched the video yesterday. I just just went back and rewatched it and it didn't mention the valves. I just read a bunch of bike reviews in my new Cycle World magazine yesterday......I must have been thinking of a different bike.

The 1125R mini site mentions a "Self Adjusting Chain Drive" under the Valve Train description. Maybe that's what you remember reading.

wbrissette

And for 2008, they upgraded and lowered the price on what I hope my next bike; The Buell Ulysses. Now, I have to figure out how to get a better paying job so I can afford 4 bikes and 2 cars. wink.gif

Wayne

I liked it in the video, but after the stills came out, I'm disappointed in the design. Everything about its appearance is just wrong. Sure the numbers might sound nice, but man, the design team really dropped the ball on this.

In my opinion, this is the best looking Buell now - the '08 XB12R:

1.jpg

That's a bike that I would buy on looks alone...

Aw poop, I thought they gave the 12r the new lights. That's too bad, those lights are, as we say in the entertainment industry.."Lame' "

Archived