IGNORED

Emergency Tire Sealant

kinchy

Are you packing any particular brand of flat tire inflator/sealant to deal with emergencies? Lot's of options out there.

ChrisRappl

I install "Ride-on" Tire Protection system when I install new tires. I carry a Stop & Go Tire Plug kit and a Slime compressor with a BMW plug on the cord.

RBertalotto

+1 on "Ride On"..........I put it in all my tires, smooths out the last little bit of vibration.......I'm not sure I've ever had to use it (a small puncture would simply heal up and I wouldn't even know it happened (maybe this is a bad thing?)

I've removed a number of tires with ride on installed, absolutly no mess. All the material is outside of the tire with the consistancy of taffy. Great product.......

I checked out the Ride-On site. Looks like an interesting product; however their links to "installation" instructions aren't working except on the 5 gallon drum which I'm pretty sure is overkill for a bike.

Can you install the product on tires that are already mounted? If so, how?

ChrisRappl

They have a chart with the amount to use for each tire size. I usually buy the 8 oz bottles by the case. For example a front 120/70 - 17 takes 6 oz. and a rear 180/55 - 17 takes 9 oz.

You mount and seat the tire, then remove the valve stem, squeeze in the proper amount, re-insert the valve stem, fill the tire to the proper pressure, put the cap back on and ride for about ten miles.

Archived