IGNORED

ZUMO 550 MP3 Help

Skywagon

I have been lurking and learning on the site for a while. Thank you. I have been trying to hold stupid questions for a while, but I ran out of luck today and hope you folks can help. I bought a Zumo 550 from DigiBuy (thanks to this site). I installed a 2gb Ultra II Sandisk memory card today. I dragged and dropped music from my pc to the F:drive memory stick for a couple of hours, or until the stick only showed about 50mg left. I disconnected the Zumo from my pc and was anxious to hear the tunes...To my surprize when I go into the Zumo MP3 mode, the songs are not there, just the factory loaded songs. When I connect the Zumo back to my pc the F:drive shows all the songs. Any ideas.

2005 R1150RT and 1979 R100RT with a whopping 14,000 miles since new.

Regards,

skywagon

chrisolson

By chance are you using ITunes and their default encoding? Zumo only recognizes files with an .mp3 extension.

Not using ITunes, but did figure out it is the MP3 file issue. When I copied my cd's to an external drive with Windows Media player it looks like I have wav. files. Experimenting with wav to mp3 conversion software. I am looking for the right one to buy. Would prefer a disc vs.s downloading from the internet. Heading to the software store tomorrow. Thanks.

yep thats definitely your problem. had the same issue but I was using itunes luckily i tunes lets you go in and convert from mp4 back to mp3. was pulling what hair i have left out at the time. I also found all my answers from zumo forums lots of knowledge over there.

Archived