IGNORED

Oxtar boots

Wyn

Anyone have or try the new Oxtar Air Tech XCR Touring Boot?

Goretex, waterproof, vented touring boots. I saw them at my dealer today.

ISYHTRAH

I got a pair a couple weeks ago and have ridden with them three times in up to 90 degree temps. They are cooler than similar boots that don't have the "mesh." I have not tried them in rain yet, but they do have a Gore Tec liner so they should be waterproof.

I noticed the soles seem quite slippery. When I lean off the bike, the foot on the opposite side of the lean wants to slip. I don't have that with any of my other boots. Perhaps they just need some break-in time, but it makes you think a bit.

Draftermike

I might suggest you try them on in person rather then ordering. They seemed the boot I really wanted but when I tried them on, the left one fit perfect but the right one was way too big. Tried on a second pair, same thing. I've heard it said that everyone has one foot a different size then the other but this is the first time I've experienced anything like this. Instead I bought a pair of their lower cut vented Jupiter boots. Not exactly what I had in mind but cool and comfortable and fit very well. Noticed pretty quickly that the soles can slip on the foot peg though.

Cant go wrong with SIDI boots,, thumbsup.gif

I just bought a pair of Sidi Canyons. They are the mutts nuts (although expensive as hell).

I tried a pair of Oxtars for ~6000 miles. One thing I noticed was that the toe box was narrow and the ends of the boot came to a pretty sharp point. They started making my toes cramp up so I just got a different pair of Rev'It fusions. They are wider and not so acute on the toe angle so my small toe is not jammed as much; also a good price. Not all Oxtars may be cut this way - just wanted to let ya know my experience. thumbsup.gif

Left: Rev'It --- Right: Oxtar

oxtarvrevit.jpg

I bought a pair a few weeks ago, just after the RA Rally in Asheville.

I wear them almost everyday commuting to and from work as well as when riding any other time.

I like them a lot. They keep my feelt cool but they are not breezy. You will not feel air flowing through them. Instead, you'll realize that you're feet aren't hot or sweaty.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived