IGNORED

Yet another Zumo question

Bill767

I've picked up the BMW repair connector, so I'm all set to wire in the power lead to the Zumo. But, I got to thinking, almost always a bad thing, has anyone put in quick connectors in the lead so you can easily take the Zumo mount off the bike? Or does everyone just leave the mount on the bike? I thought of using a 2 wire trailer plug, fairly waterproof and easy to manage. Thoughts??

I always leave the mount on the bike. I do not see any reason for removing it. The Zumo can be removed in seconds, whereas removing my RAM mount, and the power, XM antenna, and audio connectors, would be a pain.

However, if that is what you want to do, the power connector just plugs into the cradle, and can be removed.

NYC_Drifter

I did permanent. The dealer installed the power. My project tomorrow is to wire the Zumo leads. confused.gif Hope it works thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I already bought 2 from him. It was more a matter of leaving the mount on the bike. The security screw replacement works well. Let's you get the Zumo itself off quickly, but keeps the mount tight without messing around with that Garmin screw.

Archived