IGNORED

Streetguard 2 - that warm wet feeling

Survived-til-now

Survived-til-now

So I bought Streetguard trousers and suddenly they leaked water in at the crotch blush.gif - I replaced them with Streetguard 2 trousers and now 18 months/2 years later they are doing the same.....

They are not damaged - they just leak frown.gif

Anyone else experienced such a problem and did you send em back to BMW or should I try Goretex for their lifetime guarantee claim.

As much as I hate to say it, there is no fabric or fabric treatment that is truly waterproof. Don't get me wrong. I believe that Gore-Tex is extremely water resistant. I have Streetguard pants, just like you, with the same shortcomings. In hundreds of thousands of miles, I have found that only rubber and rubberized materials are truly waterproof. Take a look at what the guys on a fishing boat are wearing.

The problem with rubber is that it does not breathe. Gore-Tex is the next best thing, in my opinion. It repels water, but still provides a degree of comfort.

I condition my Gore-Tex items by machine washing them and drying them in a hot tumble dryer.

If your Streetguard pants have a manfacturing defect, you should return them for repair. I have had defective BMW clothing items repaired perfectly, at no cost.

As much as I hate to say it, there is no fabric or fabric treatment that is truly waterproof. Don't get me wrong. I believe that Gore-Tex is extremely water resistant. I have Streetguard pants, just like you, with the same shortcomings. In hundreds of thousands of miles, I have found that only rubber and rubberized materials are truly waterproof. Take a look at what the guys on a fishing boat are wearing.

The problem with rubber is that it does not breathe. Gore-Tex is the next best thing, in my opinion. It repels water, but still provides a degree of comfort.

I condition my Gore-Tex items by machine washing them and drying them in a hot tumble dryer.

If your Streetguard pants have a manfacturing defect, you should return them for repair. I have had defective BMW clothing items repaired perfectly, at no cost.

+1. Goretex is excellent, but even the best breathable liner won't keep water out of pressure points for hours on end. I consider it part of the 'experience"!!

Cheers........Rod

+1. Goretex is excellent, but even the best breathable liner won't keep water out of pressure points for hours on end. I consider it part of the 'experience"!!

Yep, if you want "watrproof" you need to be in the cage. dopeslap.gif

Survived-til-now

I asked my dealer about the Streetguard 2 pants. The guy on the end of the phone (didn't recognise him must be new) sounded pretty disinterested but muttered something about 2 year guarantee.....

Could they help me with the date I had bought the pants(from them of course) - no they had moved location and that was that, period, not even a sorry . So all my history wiped out confused.gif

But then I found the receipt and I have until September to claim clap.gif

and to find another dealer who is a little more interested frown.gif.

Archived