IGNORED

Tire Pressure ?

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Did a search but can't find anything blush.gif

I forgot what tire pressure to use when going on high speed, heavy load, long-range travel.

I 'think' I had it at 28 - 25 millibar last time (rear - front) ..... Metzeler 6's.

Any thoughts ??

BMW recommended Front 36 psi (2.5) Rear 42psi (2.9)

Although some run slightly higher presuures in the front.

Patallaire

Metzler says 42 in front, 42 in rear! When I am fully loaded I run 42 front, 44 rear. That is calculated in Pounds

Metzler says 42 in front, 42 in rear! When I am fully loaded I run 42 front, 44 rear. That is calculated in Pounds

10-4 on 42/42.

Francois_Dumas

I think I'll stick with the 2.5 and 2.9 Bar. Is this all confusing or what !? grin.gif

"Metzler says 42 in front"

That is so high that I looked it up on the Metzeler site and read 2.5 BAR confused.gif

2.5 bar is 36 PSI. 1 bar = 14.5 PSI. That said, I run 38 F and 42R. The 2.5 bar comes from Metzeler's international website. I'm not sure where people are getting the idea Metzeler recommends 42 in the front Z6 on an RT, except that there may be a statement something to the effect of running close to the max inflation pressure on the sidewall when fully loaded etc.

Francois_Dumas

Never mind guys... I am SOOOOOOO stupid. Just flipped through the pages of my miniscule RT 'manual' and found it!

2.5 and 2.9 bar with passenger and luggage, it says !! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif Why look in the obvious place..... right !? (Actually, I forgot I HAD that little booklet, stored safely away in the glove compartment ). grin.gif

Archived