IGNORED

Atlantic City to Ocean City MD

WEDGE

I'll be riding with my wife throughout NJ and staying in AC and Clinton for four days respectively. We would like to ferry over to MD. Is it worth it and any advise or reccomendation would be greatly appreciated.

The ferry is much nicer than riding up and around.

If you were to ride, there isn't much scenery other than flat farmland until you get out of NJ. From there, it's highway either on I295 or I95 depending on your route. (neither of which are much fun) Once you are in to Delaware, Route 9 is a nice alternative to Route 1 or 13 however the thrill will only last 30 miles or so. Then you are back to more of the same highways and farmland.

I'd take the ferry over to Lewes then enjoy the Coastal Hwy down to OC.

Tracy

Head south out of Atlantic City and follow the "Follow the gull signs". This will take you south toward the Ferry via all the barrier islands. Anytime you want or if you want to speed it up, head west and jump on the Garden State Parkway. This runs parallel to the barrier route. You should see signs for the ferry all over the place.

If you want a nice place to stop, the Cape May County Zoo is right off the Parkway and is a very nice place.

Warning, if you are on the Parkway Friday evening/night or mid day Saturday look out for heavy southbound traffic.

Two days ago I took my GS on the ferry from Cape May to Lewes Deleware....on my way to Ocean City, Maryland. I arrived about 45 minutes before sailing with no reservation. Dispite 20-25 cars there before me, I was put in different (for motorcycles only) line and was the first to board..and the first off. The trip was pleasant and smooth,took about 80 minutes...and cost $24. They will always find room for your cycle (dispite warnings on the website to make reservations and arrive an hour early.

Archived