IGNORED

No, I didn't

rdfrantz

Nope. I know it's the 4th of July. It's Independence Day. Freeedom Day. A Riding day.

I didn't ride because right now at 5PM it's 117F here in Lancaster. ooo.gif

Doesn't make sense to Ride.

Breaks my heart though.

Here's to better times.

Paul Mihalka

Well, I did get a nice ride. Out 5am, back 1.30pm. From home near Baltimore into West Virginia and back. About 400 miles. Highest temp was around 80, when getting home.

Dick, have a great 4th of July! Hey, it is only 5pm where you are, may be you can still get a ride in - should be cooler!

nope had to work in the morning. looking forward to weekend ride up the coast. clap.gif

hijack: Whip, "how highs the water mama" eek.gifeek.gif

We were wondering if you and louise are ok.

n & g

Les is more

A balmy 90 or sso here--could have ridden--didn't want to join the madding crowd--stayed home.

I rode in a charity bicycle rally this morning at 0600 for ~30 miles. Back before the extream heat hit in Tucson.

Stormrider

Any day is a "riding day" ! It does sound hot enough to fry your head at 117. Tomorrow's another day to ride.

I did a nice 500 miler today. Gerlach, Alturas, Sierraville, Tahoe, then home. Temps for most of the ride in the 95-102 range. Got home to 107 with a power failure. Seemed like a good time for a cold shower! tongue.gif

Great ride. Even the Tahoe traffic didn't bother me. clap.gif

106 here in balmy (?) Baja Northfork...

Bikes in garage where it is 112.

Hotter tomorrow according to the weather guru...

I miss Pahrump / DV in January.... dopeslap.gif

Couchrocket

Dick,

I understand! 105 here in Sun City.... family coming over, new camera to play with... the RT will have to wait -- not so the swimming pool!

I got out this morning before the afternoon thunderstorms here in South Florida. Rode around aimlessly and stopped off at Calle Ocho (SW 8th Street) in Miami and watched the old men play dominoes and incessantly argue with each other. Quite a sight.

Rode around some more, got a look at the Apple Iphone, grabbed lunch and still got home by 1PM.

Sorry some of you are trapped in your home areas due to weather problems.

116 in Scottsdale, AZ, and forecast tomorrow is a record breaking (for the day) 117, but with perfect storm conditions for a high pollution advisory day, lasting through the week.

Not good conditions for m/c'ing because at the end of the day, you are brown, and your lungs..., eh! Better off smoking a pipe or cigar, and while I have done both once or so, I don't do so generally.

My voice today is effected from an hour out, and scratchy. Saturday, early AM I ride up through Alpine and/or Greer, if able, where it is 45-80 each day, but fire has closed some roads this week, so the trip is now risk-laden. Not a great week for outdoor activity.

Tweety1, aka Jordan

I managed to get out and up to Ojai, then around to Frazier Park and right past the 138 which would've taken me right to your place, Dick. It was definitely pretty hot, but I sure had a great ride. I got behind a CHP right as soon as the twisties started on 33, and I thought I was going to have to turn around and run the road again, but he pulled over after a few turns and let me by, even being nice enough to pause long enough that there was no chance he'd be able to see me. Wound up being probably the best run up 33 I've ever had. Everything just fell right into place - no cops, no traffic, and the bike was just working perfectly for me. One of those rides that remind me why I ride. I actually thought about dropping down your way, but I'm not sure if you are still living in the same place nor whether unexpected company would have been welcome.

--sam

For once we had a PERFECT day, one of three we have every year. Only rode about 80 miles, to partys, and fireworks.

I'm not riding today - just working. It's July 5th here, 2.50pm, 61 degrees(F) Windy, Cool but Sunny. Sounds too hot to be riding over your way at the moment!

wave.gif

It was 96 here in Bend, so my wife and I floated the Deschutes near La Pine State Park. The state campground was full. We saw one other canoe on the river.

Can't wait for the crowds to go home. smirk.gif

Francois_Dumas

I feel for you Dick.

No 4th of July here... no riding either.

I haven't even taken the cover off the bike.. we're having the same rain as Whip does in California... day after day after day.

Just hope it stops somewhere next week, so we can load the bike for our trip.... I hate riding in the rain for fun ..... OR 114 F for that matter !! wink.gif

F.

went for a nice 150 mile jaunt with wife -- temp range from 81 to 91 with a lil sprinkle at the top. Nice ride for 7/4 - wish you could of been with.

I think Texas needs to send the Tahoe area some rain. I sure hope it let's up for ya.

Rode about 10 miles to see a friend. He showed me his new AK47 and I showed Nubb to him. We were both unimpressed with eachothers stuff. But diggin our own stuff. Hee, hee.

Then rode home and was able to test ride Nubb in the rain for the first time. Sweet, but to many amatures on the road. So got home put Nubb to bed and goofed off for the rest of the day.

ISYHTRAH

This past week I went sailing Sunday, ride on Monday, Sailing Tuesday. The 4th it rained all day, so I changed the oil in my wife's R65. Then spent the rest of the day at the George Eastman House (Kodak) to see the Ansel Adams exhibit.

Back to work today

JerryMather
Nope. I know it's the 4th of July. It's Independence Day. Freeedom Day. A Riding day.

I didn't ride because right now at 5PM it's 117F here in Lancaster. ooo.gif

I guess I should have called ya. I went up and over Topanga into Malibu with a buddy of mine and made my way up the coast to Jalama Beach near Lompoc. It was actually cool along the beach all day along and I only needed to lane split while in Malibu, it was amazing, even in Santa Barbara it was clear both on the way up and back.

When I got back, I stopped off at my sisters place for a BBQ and to watch a movie on a 10'x15' inflatable movie screen in the backyard.

This thing rocks, it was sorta like being at a Drive In but in your own backyard, it was way cool. clap.gif

I'll give ya a ring next time.

I got out on the KZ for a few laps around the Isle o' Manhattan, then I wrenched on the RT for a few hours.

July 4 is usually very quiet in the city because most folks make a long weekend out of it. But because july 4 falls on a Wednesday this year, there was no concensus of how people were going to group their days off. Would they

A. Take off ONLY Wed ?

B. Work Monday Tuesday, off Wed, Thur Fri Sat Sunday?

C. Take off Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed, return to work Thurs the 5th?

The many corporate kitchens we service were all totally different in their schedules. The city wasn't as quiet as usual ...

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif stretch from Sat 6-30 to Wed Jujy

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Rode home from work, and stashed the motorcycle.

Walked down to the square to watch a very "Normal Rockwell" 4th of July Parade, then back home to hide in the air-conditioner.

107 according to the backyard thermometer.

Rode the bicycles (gasping in the heat) back up to a freinds house for bar-b-que and wine then over to Vallejo's Home State Park to watch the fireworks. Funny... when the sun goes down in Sonoma, you need a sweatshirt no matter how warm it was during the day.

106 here today and I rode.

The mulching mower around my back yard.

Then I jumped in the pool with the kids.

Me Too! lmao.gif

I didn't ride either.

It's still raining/flooding!!!!!

I've never seen anything like it.

Whip

I spent the afternoon in my garage sitting on my bike!

Me neither.

But I did the next best thing. Drove from Half Moon Bay all the way down Hwy 1 to home - gorgeous weather, virtually no traffic, lots of twisties, no cops!!!

And when I hit the high temps, popped on the a/c, tunes and kept right on going.

Sometimes the car IS a nice change.

I was gonna ride, after all it was only 112, but every time I tried to get out of the pool, I only made it to the cooler for another brew. Just have to wait for another day. lurker.gif

Archived