IGNORED

Klickitat - Unplugged

Chunky

Have you ever been attracted to a place just because of its name? In these parts Klickitat holds a certain mistique that finally got my curiousity piqued. We rode Hwy 14 from Portland along the Columbia River Gorge. Once at Lyle we headed North on Hwy 142 along the Klickitat River to downtown metropolitan Klickitat. We found two things interesting about Klickitat itself, the river road that got us there & the cool sign at the outskirts of town. Still, it was a 265 mile big adventure on a beautiful 80 degree sunny day so all was not lost.

Klickitat_Bob_2.jpg

Hey Bob, help me out with this. I'm sitting here trying to sound that one out. Is it Klick-it-at, Klic-kit-at or Klicki-tat I've never been very good with names like that. Whats your partner riding a Hondo Guzzi. grin.gif Sorry, sometimes my bad jokes slip out. How many miles on the RT now?

Pat

First, it's pronounced "click-it-tat". That rates right up there with Boring, OR and Zigzag, OR. Second, my friend's bike is actually an old Honda 650 with the engine mounted sideways. Sure looks like a Guzzi from a distance. My "old" 2005 RT1200RT now has 39,200 miles on it. That puts me 3,000 miles past warranty in just 2 years. I'm averaging nearly 3,000 miles a month living in Oregon. The Klickitat ride was a first attempt to branch out farther than my usual routes. I've now taken multiple rides in Oregon, Washington & California. "I have only yet begun to fight". Check out some of my photos at http:rmielke.photosite.com

Have you ever been attracted to a place just because of its name?

Yes, I've long wanted to see Kamloops BC, at least since seeing the film "The Gray Fox." Something about that name intrigues me, combined with the beautiful scenery in the movie.

Looks like it was a good ride. Glad to see that you're having a good time in your new home.

Have you ever been attracted to a place just because of its name?

Yes, I've long wanted to see Kamloops BC.

Kamloops is a nice ride, especially if you take Highway 99 out of Vancouver.

Thunder Bay, Ontario is my wander lust.

thumbsup.gif

Archived