IGNORED

Low Beam bulb replacement

johnnash

I was reading here earlier what a pain in the butt this was to do!Last Sunday mine went @ about the same mileage as alot of others on this post 13,700 miles.It was the left bulb.After looking more closely,taking the upper painted fairing off gives you more accessability.Removed six torx TR25 fasteners from the fairing.I let mine hang by the wire for the accessory plug while changing the bulb.Turn the cover over the bulb counter clockwise to remove.The biggest pain was holding the spring clip up with one finger while aligning the bulb in the hole.Total time about 20 minutes

taking the upper painted fairing off ... let hang by the wire for the accessory plug while changing the bulb

Ouch!

will your electric vest work next winter?

Pretty easy with a pair of needle nose pliars to disconnect the wire at the connector.

Seems to me to be alot of critisism for trying to help out fellow riders with a topic that might be of some concern.Sorry if I didn't give enough detail for everyone reading.

quaintance

what a coincidence.. my left bulb just went out last night on an '05 RT with 18k miles and I was wondering how painful it'll be to replace....

is it a pretty standard bulb I can find at an autoparts store or do I need to wait till my BMW dealer reopens after the 4th?

Dave_in_TX
what a coincidence.. my left bulb just went out last night on an '05 RT with 18k miles and I was wondering how painful it'll be to replace....

is it a pretty standard bulb I can find at an autoparts store or do I need to wait till my BMW dealer reopens after the 4th?

It's an H7 which should be easy to find at an auto supply place. Walmart also carries them in the automotive section.

quaintance

whoohoo, thanks Dave.

I ran down to Checker.. picked up the bulb, followed the instructions in the manual a viola.. refreshingly simple.

99Roadster

Speaking of bulbs.

Has anybody checked the manufacturer of the OEM bulbs?

I may just start a new thread on this.

Seems to me to be alot of critisism for trying to help out fellow riders with a topic that might be of some concern.Sorry if I didn't give enough detail for everyone reading.

Yea it's a tough bunch. Happened to have my left side panel off yesterday for something else and saw how easy it was to replace the LH bulb. Couldn't figure out what people have been complaining about - until I put the panel back on and tried again. tongue.gif

Yea it's a tough bunch. Happened to have my left side panel off yesterday for something else and saw how easy it was to replace the LH bulb. Couldn't figure out what people have been complaining about - until I put the panel back on and tried again. tongue.gif

The right one is harder, a bracket is in the way.

Ian smile.gif

lawnchairboy

left went first, relatively easy, right went on the way to

El P, (daytime) on the BRP. It was much harder to change. I didn't take off any tupperware either time. About got blown away from the wind on the overlook on the BRP that day though...

Archived