IGNORED

Centec Fuse Panel

Samzilla

gettysburg

I mounted a Blue Sea 5025 fuse block behind the front right speaker grill. It's attached to the frame with 4 large zip-ties. If you don't have the stereo on your RT, there's plenty of room behind the instument panel where the speakers would normally be located.

522113_oi.jpg

Since any gadget I'm likely add will be installed up front, it made more sense to me to have the fuse box up font; rather under the seat. It will save me from having to fish multiple sets of wires under/around the gas tank.

For the absence of doubt (mine), I need to understand the fitting of the centech panel. I pick up my bike in 10.5hrs (and a few minutes) (a 1200rt se with everything except the radio). I have bought a centech and had intended to fix it to the battery directly. Is this possible. I intend using a Starcom and a heated jacket for my wife. I need to ask cos, the centech paperwork mentions canbus issues and I've never seen the system never mind fiddled with it. Any and all advice appreciated.

oh! the bike is Silver with a black engine fairing. clap.gif

Richard

My centech panel is wired directly to the battery with 14 gauge wire (pretty heavy stuff). My 2 sets of running lights, radar detector, and future GPS/satellite radio are wired directly to the ports on the fuse panel. I then velcro'ed the panel on top of left side of the battery so it can be moved when wrenching is necessary. I will try and send you some pics of my setup. I have to change computers to do this. Hope this helps.

Aluminum_Butt

I have bought a centech and had intended to fix it to the battery directly.....the centech paperwork mentions canbus issues

So long as you wire directly to the battery, CANBUS won't be an issue.

Where you can run into problems is in trying to control whether the Centech (or any other accessory) is energized by wiring up a relay in between it and the battery. It's a nice feature to have, but you must do it properly in order for it to work with CANBUS.

So long as you wire directly to the battery, CANBUS won't be an issue.

Where you can run into problems is in trying to control whether the Centech (or any other accessory) is energized by wiring up a relay in between it and the battery. It's a nice feature to have, but you must do it properly in order for it to work with CANBUS.

Define "properly"?

paulcbrowne

I used a Painless fuse block that has five fuses, three switched. I used the rear mechanic's plug to power the switching relay to turn on power that comes directly from the battery. Comes with a rubber cover. Got it from Martel Brothers. Used a similar setup on an LT and an F650. I had ordered a Centech panel from A&S and returned it after I saw it. The Blue Sea unit looks nice, but you'd need an external relay to switch power on to the fuse block. The Painless has the relay potted into the fuse block and not all fuses are switched.

Used two small machine screws to secure it under the passenger seat. Very secure and no leaks. Powered direct from the battery and triggered by the 12v lead of the factory nav harness. I used a 40A relay and a 35A inline fuse. Running PIAA 1100s, Autocom, Powerlet iPod charger, and rear aux socket. No problems with everything powered + heated vest. Front aux socket and GPS are straight to battery.

centech1.jpg

Centech2.jpg

• 1 year later...
Used two small machine screws to secure it under the passenger seat. Very secure and no leaks.

Old thread revival time ... Zep, you have a stock passenger seat? That setup doesn't rub against anything? It's hard for me to tell just how much clearance there is under the seat.

Thanks.

Archived