IGNORED

Are your clothes covered?

beemerFROG

beemerFROG

This may be common but to me it was new so I thought I would pass it along...

I just switched my insurance over to State Farm and happen to ask if my riding suit would be covered since I usually ride with about $1100.00 worth of garb...

for an extra $20 a year it would be!! thumbsup.gif

That was worth asking about grin.gif

Thats good to know.....thanks for the info. Did they mention if it covers everything (helmet, jacket, pants, boots, and gloves)? I refuse to add it all up.......I know it will be more than my daily beater car is worth

Also, is it all under one deductable along with damage to the bike, or would it be a separate deductable?

beemerFROG

I will check when I get back from the business trip I am on right now. I believe there is one deductible for eveything.

Now I do consider myself a pretty good driver, but if am able to get into a wreck and have destroyed my gear without any need for repairs on the bike... than damn, I am good! lmao.gif

I will check when I get back from the business trip I am on right now. I believe there is one deductible for eveything.

Now I do consider myself a pretty good driver, but if am able to get into a wreck and have destroyed my gear without any need for repairs on the bike... than damn, I am good! lmao.gif

I know what you mean........I was more concerned of lets say

a $500-1000 deductable to get the bike fixed

PLUS

a $100-500 deductable on top of that to get your gear replaced.

If that was the case, I would most likely not be interested. On the other hand, if it is all covered under the one $500-1000 deductable that I would be paying anyway to get the bike fixed........then I think it is worth the extra few $$$ a month to look into it

On my Progressive policy up to $1000 gear is covered with the bike, so one deductible for damage to bike and gear. If you add a rider to provide coverage for additional gear or equipment above the $1000, I don't know if there is an additional deductible or not. It's something many don't consider but the cost of gear and farkles adds up quickly.

When my 03 KRS was knocked out from under me, Progressive covered all my safety gear, Darien, Arai, boots & gloves as part of the main bike coverage. The $1000 accessory figure came into play for items like driving lights and other mounts that were damaged. It was a very pleasant surprise to learn my gear did not eat up the accessory coverage.

Everybody's insurance is different.

When I crashed my ST1300A in 2003, my motorcycle insurance DID NOT cover damage to my riding apparel. HOWEVER, the insurance agent suggested I contact the company that provides my household insurance. Sure enough, they covered the loss at full replacement value.

Agent_Orange

Just checked with my State Farm agent, and she says my gear would be covered under my homeowners policy. That would suck because I have a 2K deductible. tongue.gif Asked her about if there is some rider or something that would cover my gear. As of this time I am waiting for her to check and call back.

Great thread. thumbsup.gif

Agent_Orange

Just got the callback for the agent. No go. frown.gif She said that SF doesn't offer it here(Fla), but that they are working on it. smirk.gif SF didn't cover 'stand alone's' before but with the growing market for 'bikes' they are now and are looking for more business in this field. eek.gif

I have Foremost insurance and optional equipment up to $3500.00 is included. Helmets and safety apparel included with a $1500.00 limit with no deductible worn by operator or passenger while occupying your covered motorcycle. Will pay if loss is caused by collision or contact with bird or animal if you have collision coverage.

gettysburg

Be sure to keep your receipts.

Insurance companies tend to pro-rate the value of your helmet, since these usually have a manufacturer's recommended service life of 5 years. I was reimbursed in full for my torn riding pants, but only received about 60% reimbursment on my helmet. Both where about 2 years old.

Be sure to keep your receipts.

Insurance companies tend to pro-rate the value of your helmet, since these usually have a manufacturer's recommended service life of 5 years. I was reimbursed in full for my torn riding pants, but only received about 60% reimbursment on my helmet. Both where about 2 years old.

Good advice.

Since my gear was covered by my household insurance, and that coverage is at 'full replacement value', I was simply told to go out and buy new stuff and submit the receipts.

As always, everybody's coverage is different, so you have to check your policies.

beemerFROG

I just got word back from my agent that I CAN claim my wife as an accessory but, given the picture I sent them of her, they will only allow $100.00 coverage and then, at the time of the accident, they will pro-rate the 100 bucks based on her age!!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

(Please don't show this to her...she can be very mean! bncry.gif)

I just got word back from my agent that I CAN claim my wife as an accessory but, given the picture I sent them of her, they will only allow $100.00 coverage and then, at the time of the accident, they will pro-rate the 100 bucks based on her age!!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

You really like living on the edge, don't you lmao.gif

GoGo Gadget

All my gear is covered, no extra fee, no separate deductible, no maximum amount, no prorated coverage. The insurance adjuster said to buy my new gear, send them my old gear and the copies of the reciepts, and they cut me a check. No fuss no muss. I could have trashed cheap Joe rocket gear and replaced it with top of the line custom made leathers. Good thing for them I am honest. I even kept my gloves that were only rashed, not torn.

Wow.....thats some blackmail material if ever saw it..... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Archived