IGNORED

R100GS?????????

Whip

I like the looks of this "Airhead".

168735849-L.jpg

Can anyone tell the year it was made????

What kinda range does it have.???? (Gas mileage and tank size.)

What years did they make the R100GS????

Can you get parts for it????

What does it weigh????

Will it go 90 mph all day????

I would be proud to ride one of these every day. (Could be the Kool-aid I drank in at Ouray II)

Whip

Thanks for the link Francois.

60 horse power and 500 lb. It must be a beast!!!!!

I still like it.

W. Mazelin

Just get the damn thing Whip! Hell I'll even bring the ice if it'll make the Kool-Aid taste better! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Sorry I cant help out too much with specific answers, but the smart-a$$ in me sez this;

1) It was made before the oilhead series.

2) It has continuous range, providing you stop at a petrol station from time to time; other than that it'll run till it's empty!

3) I think they made them from '85-'95?

4) Parts might be starting to get a little scarce now, I don't know.

5) 90 mph all day, yea.

Whip, I had a 1995 version that was the GSPD which meant it had a 10 gallon tank. I took it to Copper Canyon last year and it ran great. Excellent bike but not current technology. Anything over 80 seemed too high for comfortable riding. Parts were very easy to find and it was very simple to work on as most airheads are. It has a "cult" following. I sold mine earlier this year because I felt it was redundant with my KLR and my KLR is a little better in the dirt. 168767871-L.jpg

>What years did they make the R100GS????

From about 1988.

>Will it go 90 mph all day????

Uh, it's German. So, yes. But the question would be, could a rider tolerate cruising at 90 mph all day in an upright position with little wind protection? smile.gif

As an aside, I don't believe the stripe on tank is "correct", at least I don't remember that particular graphic. They did come in black and yellow, though.

Whip, I had a 1995 version that was the GSPD which meant it had a 10 gallon tank.

Johnlt: that sure is a fine looking machine you had, one of the nicest I've ever seen.

Larry, have you met Ted Kerr? He's a member here who doesn't post much. He has a GSPD, or at least he did, when I saw him at a Tech Daze last year. You might try pinging him for his thoughts.

If I could collect bikes, that one would probably have to be in the collection. thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Larry,

If you have a chance at one of these at a reasonable or even not so reasonable price, snap it up.

It just might be the best commuter/around town bike I have ever owned and I kick myself square in the posterior extremety for ever having sold mine.

Any year you can find is fine. The bike is a wheeeee to ride what with easy wheelies, light (in comparison to the current offerings) weight and nice wide bars.

Whip, I had a 1995 version that was the GSPD which meant it had a 10 gallon tank. I took it to Copper Canyon last year and it ran great. Excellent bike but not current technology. Anything over 80 seemed too high for comfortable riding. Parts were very easy to find and it was very simple to work on as most airheads are. It has a "cult" following. I sold mine earlier this year because I felt it was redundant with my KLR and my KLR is a little better in the dirt. 168767871-L.jpg

Wow, thats an awesome looking bike. I love it.

Archived