IGNORED

Need Tires

mistral

I need to put some tires on my 2002 R1150RT. I don't ride too fast, but I would like some grip along with some durability if there is such a thing. I have no clue as to what to buy. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks, Ron

Continental "Road Attack". Cheesy name but great grip and seem to wearing very well. I also have an 02 RT. I've had Dunlop 202s and Metzlers, and these are the best so far.

Mark N.

I have 5000 miles on a set of Metzler ME880 RADIALS (they come in belted also and my shop put one of each on until I figured it out and they fixed it, free)! They handle and stick excellently, and should wear longer than most! Just got back from a super twisties tour of WV and SE Ohio and they stuck like glue, NO problems!

I have about 2k miles on a set of Avon Storms........I have no complaints at all. Wet or dry, I think they handle great. They are at least as good if not better than the Z6's I had on previously.......plus the Avons have tread in the middle of the tire to judge tire wear (the Z6 does not)

Always use Metzlers - Z6 at present and very sticky - loadsa grip !

Not bad mileage either - 10,000 miles plus on the rear.

grin.gif

Zowie, guess your clutch slips or something, I blew a set of Z6's away in 6000 miles. Short lived tires with a twitchy throttle grip. Fronts cupped badly and the rear has the nebulous wear bar. bncry.gif

+2 Metzeler ME880....

Am running the first set on my 2k3....Thought I was gonna need tires before I went to Torrey....

Got back (2000 miles later) and they don't look much different than when I left... Have 8000 on them now and still looking good.

Will do it again. thumbsup.gif

An easy answer to any tyre question

What does the manufacturer fit on a new bike

You will see a lot of Bridgestone Battlax BT020's on BMW's

The 020's last 6-8K miles, replaced with 021's,whats the newer better from Bridgestone. Only have 3000 miles on them now but they do feel squirmy in the corners. wave.gif

BarrieSalvanda

My 205 dunlops were slick at 3.500 mls.

Philby,

A slow day in Yeahaville! = lotza posts.

Barrie Salvanda.

R80PD.

525i.

Alain_Labelle

+3 Metzeler ME880....radials

Very good adherence and durability (2 up riding with full luggages)

You wont regret it

I'm giving up on Z6's. I've had 3 fronts and 2 rears and none have gone over 6000 miles (down to the steel cords). Now I'm trying ME 880's and hoping for a better result.

Z6....I only get about 6k,but love the handling...replacing the prev owners pilot road that he had sq'd off....Going to sell this Rt anyway...I'm never satisfied

I have 021s with 5000 miles. They are wearing OK, but are THE noisiest tires that I have used so far. I will go back to Michelin or try 880s next time.

Scooterbrained

Michelin Pilot Roads, got 14,000.

Avon Azaros, got 14,500.

Now have Avon Storms that replaced Azaros.

1996 RT

Marty

Archived