IGNORED

Assen SPOILER

chrisolson

The Doctor wins !

Stoner 2nd.

HAYDEN 3rd !!!!!!!

Give Rossi a dry track and a good set of tires and I think he could come from last.

Great run for Hayden. One corner where he backed it in was amazing! Interesting comment was that apparently Honda took some of the electronic control *out* of the bike for Nickey .

Unless Stoner has a bid of bad luck, it'll be hard for Rossi to take the Championship ... still will be great fun seeing the best in the word battle it out thumbsup.gif

One of the best races so far this season. Rossi was on awesome form and it was good to see Nicky competitive again.

That is the third time I have seen Rossi win from 11th on the grid - perhaps he should qualify that low more often.

Andy

PhillyFlash

clap.gif Incredible race. Rossi was "absolutely flying" around that track to make it from 11th to 1st. There's no doubt that he is still the best in the world. Good to see Nicky finally competitive again.

CBS did a much better job with announcing this time compared to the last race they covered. No NASCAR comments. Hopefully they'll keep improving. Only 2 weeks to go. clap.gif

Yam found some speed, so did Michelin. Rossi pretty much hammered through the field from his lackluster start, don't you think? It was a great race. Good for Hayden, too.

Rossi's chances of winning the Championship have suddenly gotten muuch better.

What a season it's turing out to be!

PhillyFlash

I don't know if they've gotten much better, but they certainly may be better. He moved 5 points closer to Stoner, which isn't significant. What may be significant is the psychological effect it could have on Stoner. He now knows that Rossi can beat him (handley, especially considering he came from 11th place start), and even pulled away from him for the last laps. Stoner now can't just rely on his extra power. If Rossi starts pressuring him, he'll know that Rossi may take him, he may have to push a little harder, and that's where mistakes happen. Rossi is the best at playing with your head. Look at poor Sete. Y'all remember Sete, don't ya. Pedrosa is always in the hunt, and now Nicky, at least for one race (and going from 13th to 3rd), seems to have started to get a good feel for his bike. He needed this podium finish to regain some confidence before his season was totally over. He has no chance at winning the championship again this year, but he can be a real factor in how the front runners acquire points. The rest of the season may get more and more exciting. Laguna could turn out to be a key race before going into the second half of the season.

It's still only half way through the season. I think the Dr. has a great shot to win the title. As the season progresses, the youngster Stoner may start to feel the pressure. Today showed that Rossi is still the man!

wrestleantares

CBS did a much better job with announcing this time compared to the last race they covered. No NASCAR comments. Hopefully they'll keep improving. Only 2 weeks to go. clap.gif

Better???!!!??

What race did you hear?

1. There was so much dead air that they needed their own cemetery.

2. 10 laps to go and they start talking about a sprint to the finish ala NASCRAP. As if Hayden and Rossi hadn't been racing balls out the entire race.

3. No mention worth noting of the back pack racing.

4. And can you believe when they replayed the start there was no mention/highlight of Hayden and his incredible maneuvering up from 13th on the grid.

It was worse than their last race by far. I downloaded the race to watch again with the Brits announcing - at least they LIKE MotoGp.

Ah, but to their credit, they didn't say MotoGP was the NASCAR of motorcycling, and IIRC, they didn't call the racers "drivers", those are major accomplishments.

Now if we can only get the CBS commentator to learn how to pronounce European names . . .

It reminds me of the SPEED coverage a couple of years ago of a Trans Am race from Trois Rivieres, Quebec. (Pronounced 'Twah RIV-ee-air'. The announcer kept saying, 'Twa RIV-ee-AY.' It made me nuts.

So CBS is improving. One step at a time.

I'm sorry, but Schwantz and the other guy were horrible. It's as if they put 2 guys who know absolutely nothing about GP in this job. You would think Schwantz would at least show some degree of enthusiasm...

My wife was listening to the race as she was folding laundry; and she actually said she could do a better job of color announcing the race. And, she would even know the racers better.

I'm sorry, but Schwantz and the other guy were horrible. It's as if they put 2 guys who know absolutely nothing about GP in this job. You would think Schwantz would at least show some degree of enthusiasm...

I agree with you about Schwantz. He acts like Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He appears to be a "burn out".

wrestleantares
Ah, but to their credit, they didn't say MotoGP was the NASCAR of motorcycling, and IIRC, they didn't call the racers "drivers", those are major accomplishments.

Now if we can only get the CBS commentator to learn how to pronounce European names . . .

It reminds me of the SPEED coverage a couple of years ago of a Trans Am race from Trois Rivieres, Quebec. (Pronounced 'Twah RIV-ee-air'. The announcer kept saying, 'Twa RIV-ee-AY.' It made me nuts.

So CBS is improving. One step at a time.

They went backwards if anything. Just because they did not say the word NASCRAP did not make it any better.

They were not quite so painfully quiet in the last race. But this one, it was as if the color commentator had already said everything he could possibly think of in the last race. Give someone that actually likes racing the job.

+1 for Yamaha finding more speed. It seemed that the Ducati did not have that incredible ability to pull away on the straights the way it did in some of the previous races. I think this is the beginning of Rossi's comeback, but time will tell...

I agree the announcing of the race was awful, my 13 son could have called that race better.

How many more races are going to be on CBS?? Please let Speed do it from now on!!!

Archived