IGNORED

Helmet truths

outpost22

I am looking for the lightest AND most quiet of the helmet choices in full face design. Going to take the GS to Baja, and was thinking of minimizing the weight on my head and less trauma on the ears (even with ear plugs) for that long ride. Good air flow is a must. My modulars are a little on the heavy side for as much off road as we will do. What is your opinion? Remember light weight is a must!

Thanks.

I replaced my Arai with the HJC Carbon, and like it (especially the shield changing mechanism). It is certainly lighter than a modular helmet. Check out the online review at WebBikeWorld.

I am more than happy with the BMW Sportintegral I have just started using. Light and reasonably quiet. Also, good resistance to fogging.

I was looking at Suomy. They are light and pretty. Saw one in the local Ducati store, seem to run smallish. Don't know anything about them in practice, but I think they are the lightest out there.

I'd be interested in any opinions on them.

Check out this table: webbikeworlld.com helmet weights

I really like my Schuberth S1 for the internal tinted visor and for being quiet and comfortable -BUT- it's on the heavy end and venting isn't the best (check out Shoei 1000 and X-Eleven for better venting). IMO, venting and quiet are a trade-off, the best venting helmets are never the most quiet and vice-versa.

Yes, that is great reference! So far as I know, the BMW is not sold in the US and is not legal in the US where DOT helmets are required. Suomy that I mentioned above didn't make the list, but comes in at 2.75 lbs (1250 g).

I'd sure like to hear from anyone that knows anything about the Suomys.

Jan

I really like my Schuberth S1 for the internal tinted visor and for being quiet and comfortable -BUT- it's on the heavy end and venting isn't the best (check out Shoei 1000 and X-Eleven for better venting). IMO, venting and quiet are a trade-off, the best venting helmets are never the most quiet and vice-versa.

Great link to the weights!

Schuberth has never fit my head very well frown.gif

The HJC Carbon is the one I was looking at. I like white for visibility, but the HJC carbon only comes in dark. (not a deciding factor). My HJC Symax does fit my head well, so would assume the Carbon would too (?)

Thanks all!

Archived