IGNORED

Fly and Rent?

Bill_Walker

Bill_Walker

Due to my daughter's college freshman orientation, I won't have time to ride to WVA. But I was thinking maybe I could fly to someplace relatively nearby and rent a bike.

Looking at a map, the candidate "major" cities within a day's ride seem to be:

Pittsburgh, PA

Richmond, VA

Cincinnati, OH

Columbus, OH

Washington, DC

Charlotte, NC

Am I missing any?

So far, I've found a Honda dealer in Pittsburgh that says they're going to have rentals soon. Otherwise, it looks like it's all Harleys. Oops, spoke too soon, Eaglerider offers a GS out of DC, as well as a Gold Wing.

Any advice?

Bill_Walker

EagleRider also rents an ST1300 out of Nashville. That one has unlimited mileage, while the GS from DC has 1800 free miles, which seems a little iffy. Decisions, decisions.

Hey Bill,

You might call Don Picker at California Motorcycle Rental (here in SD) to see if he knows anyone back east who rents motorcycles (even BMW's specifically, if you're heart is set on one). I called just now and found out that he is returning home from Munich late tonight, but you can either call tomorrow at: 1-858-456-9577 or send him an email at: info@calif-motorcyclerental.com . I hear he knows a lot of folks in the business and might have a few good leads for you to pursue.

BTW, with Leslie's health still being up in the air, she's flying in to St. Louis, MO on the 30th of August and I'm picking her up on Friday on the way to Bud's for Rally-Point IV. The shaky dealer in St. Louis apparently is no more and the nearest one to there now is Grass Roots about 100 miles south. tongue.gif

Good luck in your search!

Might not be a bad idea to call Bob's BMW over here on the east coast too. I'm sure they would know places and possibilities of renting bikes in the greater MD, VA, WV area

The only rental I know about here (DC,MD,VA) is Eaglerider.

Eaglerider has mostly Harley rentals, but their website now shows a number of other options including a BMW - the 12GS. Probably not many in the fleet, though.

Paul Mihalka
Eaglerider has mostly Harley rentals, but their website now shows a number of other options including a BMW - the 12GS. Probably not many in the fleet, though.
ONE
  • 2 weeks later...
Steve_Witmer

The EagleRider franchisee in Richmond has indicated his intent to expand his offerings beyond Harley Davidson, but I don't know whether he has done so yet.

• 3 weeks later...
The EagleRider franchisee in Richmond has indicated his intent to expand his offerings beyond Harley Davidson, but I don't know whether he has done so yet.

I was just on a ride with him. He doesn't have the BMW's yet. Mostly Harley's and a few Honda's. I think his mileage allowance is pretty low too.

Archived