IGNORED

Scheduling an appt. with San Jose BMW for rear tire replacement

TowJam

After seeing

, I'm going to have SJ BMW do my next tire change. I'm thinking that if they can squeeze me in at 1:00, they can have me back on the road by 1:02. (I'm allowing them an extra 60 seconds to run my credit card.)
Bill_Walker

Sheesh, those guys are slow! The NASCAR guys do it much faster, and they've got one more lug nut to remove and replace! grin.gif

OK, actually, looking at the tail end of the stop, it looks like the race had a minimum required pit stop time. The rider is sitting there waiting while the crew chief counts down time before letting him go. So I guess they didn't really need to hurry.

ok, was that a 10 sec penalty I heard on the audio???

If not, then why was the official holding the bike for 10 sec??

Don't forget, they changed riders as well.

MB>

Looks like they gave them a 10 second penalty because the rider threw his leg over the bike while the bike was still being gassed up. Can't do that in that race organization (CCS, probably). Notice that the official doesn't start toward the bike until the leg gets over the bike.

10 second penalty for refueling the bike with the rider onboard.

Considering all of the discussion here about being on or off the bike when you gas up, I guess everyone who stays on the bike has to spend 10 more seconds at the pump. lmao.gif

The 10 sec penalty was because the engine was still running during fueling. We are trying to get a tire change and fueling under 20 sec. The rules allow fueling with the rider still on the bike as long as the engine is off. You will notice that the fireman has the nozzel pointed directly at the bike with the safety pin pulled out.

The 10 sec penalty was because the engine was still running during fueling. We are trying to get a tire change and fueling under 20 sec. The rules allow fueling with the rider still on the bike as long as the engine is off. You will notice that the fireman has the nozzel pointed directly at the bike with the safety pin pulled out.

So this explains some of the "colorful" expletives we hear during the 10 second countdown. lmao.gif

TJ, you have it.

Ride safe on your new ST.

Thanks! The ST has exceeded my expectations in just about every way.

Bill_Walker

So this explains some of the "colorful" expletives we hear during the 10 second countdown. lmao.gif

The things I miss by not listening to the audio!

Sure they'll do it fast, but it'll cost you a pretty penny and you'll end up with slicks.

In all honesty, I have dropped in on SJBMW while on the road and they were good about getting my tire changed while I waited.

Archived