MikeB

I just clipped this from Norcalsportbikes, "Thirteen Million Dollars"

"That's how much our government is spending to "fix" HWY 36 west. They

have already started, with the surveys completed and the curves and

rollies coming out soon. The fist sectoin is about eleven miles out

from Red Bluff. They are going straight up the draw eleminating the

first section of fun.

So you better ride this road before it's gone."

Why don't they better spend the money on the same old potholes I been ridin' over for the last 10 years...

MB>

I did that road in the spring. Loved it. to bad they are messing it up.Attention to all those around. Take that road if you can.

They've been straightening it for at least 15 years, I crashed out there once and left a lump of faring and a mirror in the curve, a few years later I rode it again and went looking for the corner - it had gone, I found my debris in a field.

Such a shame, it has to be one of the best roads within 2000 mi of my house.

But, it required all my concentration due to rollercoaster pavement and lots of 1.5 lane sections. Add to that sight lines and trees beside the road that had me thinking the road ahead was going one direction to find out differently when I crested the next rise.

Only to be done early in the morning after only one cup of coffee ..........

CA36_sign_800.jpg

Mike Cassidy

Why don't they better spend the money on the same old potholes I been ridin' over for the last 10 years...

MB>

Agreed. They should just leave it alone. And they're doing this why? eek.gif

AdventurePoser

Mike,

Thanks for the heads up...J and I will ride it in about a week and a half... thumbsup.gif

Steve in So CA

You know, I have thought about this from time to time when riders bring up CA36 as being one of the best roads to ride. Being from NorCal, I have driven and ridden this road more than once. It is a scenic road with pletny of curves. But, in my opinion, there are many better roads in NorCal to ride than 36. And for that matter, just as many great curvy roads in SoCal to ride. 36 has too many narrow sections with blind corners to make riding it really enjoyable. Again, this is but my opinion.

It is a shame that CalTrans is straightening it out. It should be ridden at least once in its present state before it is gone.

Couchrocket

You know, I have thought about this from time to time when riders bring up CA36 as being one of the best roads to ride. Being from NorCal, I have driven and ridden this road more than once. It is a scenic road with pletny of curves. But, in my opinion, there are many better roads in NorCal to ride than 36.

+1 36 is fun, but doesn't hold a candle to the 96 and some others for "total experience" IMO. I'm pretty sure that part of the plan is to take some pressure off of the 299 by making the 36 more easily used by trucks and RV's. Yuk.

Archived