IGNORED

North Carolina or Bust!

Bheckel169

It's official! I've purchased a home in Mill Spring, North Carolina and leaving my beloved Utah of 25 years to get closer to our girls and grandchild. Mill Spring is about 45 miles south of Asheville and 10 miles south of Lake Lure.

Looking to connect to fellow travelers of the roads in North Carolina and learn about some of the reputed "great" hi-ways we've all heard about in this forum. I'll be situated about July 16th and should be ready to ride by the following week. Love to hear from y'all.

Bruce

We rode through Mill Spring a couple weeks ago following Rte 9 to Lake Lure and Highway 74. Beautiful area.

Nearly every road off your door step will be great riding! You won't be far from a great BMW dealer in Greenville, SC and a terrific shop, Acme Motorcycles in Fairview NC.

Nice, and you thought Utah was nice. Your gonna love it. Mountians aren't as big but they are extreamly sceneic and the roads have your name on them. Enjoy!

ISYHTRAH

You're going to love living in that area. To meet up with folks from the board you just need to be certain to attend the April and October El Paseo events. There're several of us that always attend from Raleigh.

wrestleantares

Welcome to the neighborhood.

You are probably an hour plus away from me, but I'd be happy to get together sometime after you arrive. I can show you a few local roads.

PM me and we can try and get you familiar with WNC

Well, I guess it's OK. Since you are from Utah, you are not a "YANKEE": lmao.gif. Lord knows we got enough of them. Mill Springs is a nice area, just "up the road" from me. Good motorbiking roads all around.

Welcome

Steve

Lone_RT_rider
Well, I guess it's OK. Since you are from Utah, you are not a "YANKEE": lmao.gif. Lord knows we got enough of them.

Hmmmmm....last time I checked we all became Americans after around 1865. I guess I will have to bow out of any group rides that welcome this new guy to our neighborhood. You know, since I am from Michigan originally....we wouldn't want any of "my kind" cluttering up the roads.

Shawn

wrestleantares

Hmmmmm....last time I checked we all became Americans after around 1865. I guess I will have to bow out of any group rides that welcome this new guy to our neighborhood. You know, since I am from Michigan originally....we wouldn't want any of "my kind" cluttering up the roads.

Shawn

Yankee's are sooo sensitive. grin.gif

Welcome to some fine riding country. We live in Tryon, about 15 miles south of Mill Spring. There are a reasonable number of BMW riders in this part of the world, a good dealer in Greenville, SC and a good club in upstate South Carolina.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is 450 miles without a stop sign and one of the best things our government ever did for bikers.

Email if we can be of assistance.

Jim

Shawn,

you know good and well that politics are verbotten around here. wink.gif

Besides, being an American, and having equal rights were very different in 1865/1965. From an historical perspective that is, property rights, voting, etc...

Leave it to a damnyankee (politically correct usage of the verbal noun) to rile things up. grin.gifgrin.gif

At least you aren't a Tory. grin.gif

Hey, what part of Germany are these bikes built in? North, or South? lmao.gif

lurker.gif

Oh, BTW, OP, you should enjoy the area. Nice people, very nice roads. Will it be a milder winter experience compare to your previous location?

wave.gif

BeemerLover

Hey, Bruce! (you will find yourself saying "Hey!" soon enough!)

Welcome to North Carolina! I belong to the Carolinas BMW MOA which is located in Charlotte. We would love for you to join us for one of our meetings which is every second and fourth Sunday mornings at 9:00 in Charlotte. Go to our website - www.carolinasbmwmoa.org for lots of info, including a bunch of NC rides, places to see, where we have our meetings, etc. Let me know when you are going to show up and I'll make sure you are welcome! We usually go for a ride after the meetings and often take the back roads to the Tryon area, have lunch, take the twisties to Salunda and then go home over the back roads.

I think you will like it here - especially since you have a bike.....

Note that we have a rally in Boone, NC in August each year. Boone is but a ride up the Blue Ridge Parkway from Mill Spring. About 300 attend and we ride all the twisties in upper NC, southwest Va and eastern Tennessee. Plus, Boone is a college town and a great place to have fun. It is also 10 degrees cooler in Boone than in Charlotte.

Sounds like I'm not going to have any trouble scaring up some folks to ride with. Thanks for all your welcomes. I look forward to the temperate climate and longer riding season. Where I live in the Ogden Valley, Utah (elevation's 5,282 ft), I put the bike away at the end of October and take it out for an artic ride in late March or April. This is going to be soooo much better.

I'll be happy to get in touch with all of you and see about getting to some of these events. I'm looking forward to everything but the packing!

Bruce

Sounds like I'm not going to have any trouble scaring up some folks to ride with. Thanks for all your welcomes. I look forward to the temperate climate and longer riding season. Where I live in the Ogden Valley, Utah (elevation's 5,282 ft), I put the bike away at the end of October and take it out for an artic ride in late March or April. This is going to be soooo much better.

I'll be happy to get in touch with all of you and see about getting to some of these events. I'm looking forward to everything but the packing!

Bruce

This year was a mild winter. I bought the bike in December and was able to get it out most weekends for the rest of the season. Even in bad years, Winter usually comes in week long increments with a repreive between spurts of nasties. In summer, we have hot and humid. Suggest you head for the hills for the last half of Spring and all of Summer.

Welcome to the area! We moved to Taylors, SC, this past Winter and we're loving the roads, still learning them as a matter of fact. Well, ride safely and we'll see you on the road.

Calvin  (no socks)

Bruce, I didn't get to meet you at Torrey... I will be in the area later this summer, or at El Paseo in the fall.. don't miss it...

Archived