IGNORED

12,000 mile service completed!

jbr7t

Woke up at 4:30 this morning and headed for Pennsylvania. Pulled into Keith's (OoPEZoO) drive way about 9 and started peeling off plastic. Once the bike was nekid we, well mostly Keith with a little assistance from me, changed the oil and filter, final drive fluid, trans fluid bleed the brakes..both wheel circuits and control circuits..which contrary to popular BMW shop mechanics can be done in the garage at home (with a couple tools..ie mini stan and bleeder bag) I couln't of done it without the help of Keith and Terry. It turned into a mini tech day as several folks stopped by to chat and check on the progress...thanks for all the support!! Well, we're off to McCleary's (in marietta pa.)...if you're in the neighborhood stop by!

Let's see, if I leave now, I'll be there with enough miles to do my 18,000.

One of these days I'll get up the gumption to try and do my own work.

Congrats on Shade Tree Mechanics 101. Doesn't it feel good to do it yourself? Glad you had a good time and sounds like you had a very competent instructor. Enjoy the ride.

Congrats on Shade Tree Mechanics 101. Doesn't it feel good to do it yourself? Glad you had a good time and sounds like you had a very competent instructor. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks, it does feel good...to my WALLET!!! Saved me several hundred dollars from having the BMW shop do it! I'm already looking forward to my 18,000 mile. Keith was a great instructor (and terry too) but next time I'm on my own!

Of course the money it saved me will be going to replace the Garmin GPS I dropped on 495 outside D.C. frown.gif When the manual says "...This model not for use on motorcycles..." apparently they mean it. Hit a bump in the construction area and it was like someone hit the self destruct ejector button! lmao.gif

You realize that you just called a guy competent that wears a fuzzy hat w/ ear flaps and carries a rubber chicken wave.gif

Fortunatly, my old man put a wrench in my hand at a young age. The rest of it is just knowing to stay calm when you do things like accidently snap in half one of the quick disconnects on someone elses fuel tank (lets use James's bike as an example....LOL). OH @#$%, quick, James, grab that bucket over there! lmao.gif. Luckly......our local dealership actually had a part in stock for once and we had it fixed after a quick road trip.

One of these days I think I'll actually try and organize a tech daze, but first I need to make some more room in the garage. I'm thinking maybe when I kill my next set of tires. That way we can mount and balance tires also. At this rate, it should be before thanksgiving grin.gif.

The rest of it is just knowing to stay calm when you do things like accidently snap in half one of the quick disconnects on someone elses fuel tank (lets use James's bike as an example....LOL). OH @#$%, quick, James, grab that bucket over there! lmao.gif. Luckly......our local dealership actually had a part in stock for once and we had it fixed after a quick road trip.

Yea, but your lawnmower is gonna love that 93 octane!! thumbsup.gifdopeslap.gif

Jim VonBaden
Woke up at 4:30 this morning and headed for Pennsylvania. Pulled into Keith's (OoPEZoO) drive way about 9 and started peeling off plastic. Once the bike was nekid we, well mostly Keith with a little assistance from me, changed the oil and filter, final drive fluid, trans fluid bleed the brakes..both wheel circuits and control circuits..which contrary to popular BMW shop mechanics can be done in the garage at home (with a couple tools..ie mini stan and bleeder bag) I couln't of done it without the help of Keith and Terry. It turned into a mini tech day as several folks stopped by to chat and check on the progress...thanks for all the support!! Well, we're off to McCleary's (in marietta pa.)...if you're in the neighborhood stop by!

You do realize we have monthly tech days in VA right?

Check with the forum here www.bmwbmw.org

Jim cool.gif

You do realize we have monthly tech days in VA right?

Check with the forum here www.bmwbmw.org

Jim cool.gif

Yea, but it was a good excuse to take a nice ride and visit friends! thumbsup.gif

Of course the money it saved me will be going to replace the Garmin GPS I dropped on 495 outside D.C. frown.gif When the manual says "...This model not for use on motorcycles..." apparently they mean it. Hit a bump in the construction area and it was like someone hit the self destruct ejector button! lmao.gif

When you get your new Garmin, you might want to tether it to your bike with a fishing leader (or some other ingenious device.) wave.gif

When you get your new Garmin, you might want to tether it to your bike with a fishing leader (or some other ingenious device.) wave.gif

Good call. Just keep it short... you don't want it dangling so much that it ends up in your wheel.

Just wanted to say I had a great time with you guys. Hope I was some help. It's cool how when you get a few guys together for something like this, you can see the different ways that people do things. I think we all learned something new while we were there. Had a great time drinking... I mean helping you with the 12k. You remember how to do everything now, right? There is a test at the end dopeslap.gif Terry

Just wanted to say I had a great time with you guys. Hope I was some help. It's cool how when you get a few guys together for something like this, you can see the different ways that people do things. I think we all learned something new while we were there. Had a great time drinking... I mean helping you with the 12k. You remember how to do everything now, right? There is a test at the end dopeslap.gif Terry

Most Definetly! Your brake bleeding supplies made life much better! clap.gif

Archived