IGNORED

What is the line?

MWS

Here is my tale about a new local dealer.

1) When they first opened up, I took my 04KGT in for service. The tires needed to be replaced, so I said put 'em on. After looking at the bill, I noticed that I was charged $230 for the rear tire. The front was inline price wise, but a bit high on the rear. That was not including the mounting and balancing.

2) For Xmas, the wife bought me a BMW cover at "25%" off. Two weeks later we saw the same cover at another dealer not on sale for $35 less. Hmmmmm.

3) Late Jan. I walked in to talk about new shocks and my options . Was told by the service manager to buy them on line, and they will install them.

I was in the dealer last Sunday to make an appointment, and talk to them about tire's. They have just become an Avon dealer, and I have a rear with less than 4K and a nail in it. I was planning on them taking care of the roadside hazzard issue.

Well, the sevice manager wasn't in, and to call back Tue. When I did call tue. the sevice manager told me the owner will not help me with the Avon thing or install ANYTHING that wasn't bought at the dealership.

I stewed for about two hours, then called the owner.

He had the the usual woe is me cause of the internet, and he has to make money on parts. I asked him isn't service money in your pocket? Again, I got another tale of woe is me cause of the internet. But in my case he will do me this one "favor"

Now on to the Avon thing, he has never had to do a roadside hazard claim, wasn't sure of the policy, and had the nerve to tell me call Avon and find out what the deal is!

At the end of the phone call he ask me if he can bump me over to service to make an appointment, to which I replied It's already taken care of! What I didn't say was at another dealer

His licenceplate frame is off the bike, number deleted from my cell phone, he's history, he's boloney without the mayo!

Am I being too harsh? I don't think so.

I'm all for supporting the local's, but a line must be drawn.

Just because he is a BMW dealer, I must blindly pay his prices, to keep him in his neato new building?

Oh well, rant off. It's his dealership, not mine.

Francois_Dumas

Sure sounds like the right decision to me.... Customer Service is EVERYTHING in my book.

It's his dealership...

Maybe not much longer if other customers experience similar dissatisfaction and never return.

dopeslap.gif

Please let me/us know who this dealer is so we can avoid them at all costs.

Sounds like he's short sighted and a bit greedy. I own a small exterior cleaning company and base my entire business on customer service and competitive pricing. Yeah, on occasion I get the short end of the stick but my customers like me, and my work. They tell their friends and my business keeps growing. Plus they call me back to do more work for them again. Why sacrifice good customer service for a little extra money now and go belly up later? dopeslap.gif

P.S. Here, check it out: www.tampabayroofclean.com

I wasn't sure if naming names and bashing them was proper etiquette, but since you asked, it's BMW of Cleveland.

Sounds like he's short sighted and a bit greedy. I own a small exterior cleaning company and base my entire business on customer service and competitive pricing. Yeah, on occasion I get the short end of the stick but my customers like me, and my work. They tell their friends and my business keeps growing. Plus they call me back to do more work for them again. Why sacrifice good customer service for a little extra money now and go belly up later? dopeslap.gif

Soooo.......you're telling me that you will pressure wash my house, while I work on your bike?

grin.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

You are right on the money with the customer service. I worked in resteraunts and bars through high school and college. You can have the best food in the world, but if your service sucks......people won't come back.

Thats also how you find good bartenders......drive by small local pubs around happy hour. The place where you can't find a parking spot most likely has a good and friendly bartender.

Soooo.......you're telling me that you will pressure wash my house, while I work on your bike?

grin.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

You are right on the money with the customer service. I worked in resteraunts and bars through high school and college. You can have the best food in the world, but if your service sucks......people won't come back.

Thats also how you find good bartenders......drive by small local pubs around happy hour. The place where you can't find a parking spot most likely has a good and friendly bartender.

Deal!! One small problem. Your charge for travel time will be huge. Plus, I won't be able to ride up and Nubb won't fit on the trailer.

Now I know why we get along so well. I schleeped drinks for 15 long years.

ISYHTRAH

tom collins

sounds like you have been fair to me. while i am all for supporting the local dealer, that includes the caviat that the service is good, prices are reasonable and most important, the folks have the right attitude about making the customer first. you gave them a number of chances, so it wasn't just one bad day you caught them on, sounds like the way business is done there. in my case, when we had a dealer, i developed a relationship with one person who was sort of my go-to guy. i always spoke to him first no matter what i was calling for (parts mgr.) for example, i could ask him if the shop was busy, can i put this on myself, can you get me this or that. i didn't bug him or call up to shoot the breeze when he was busy, but it was a big help. something to think about trying with your new dealer.

tom collins

Now I know why we get along so well. I schleeped drinks for 15 long years.

I love the resteraunt/bar business. I've worked as a dishwasher/cook/chef/server/bartender, and most recently a bouncer. I just knew I needed to get away from it before it was too late. It kind of sucks you in and it is hard to leave.

First, I can't believe you made it through the phone call without hanging up. Second, buy your tires online from someone like Southwest Moto and have an independent shop mount them for you (you take the wheels off the bike first). At $230 for a rear tire you are getting fleeced big time. Third, learn to do the standard maintenance yourself. Who can't unscrew a drain plug and drain fluids or replace a filter? I agree with your decision to change shops. It is not worth the aggravation.

Had to do a quick-glance at your location to make sure you weren't talking about my local dealer. The similarities were pretty amazing. Fortunately, I have about 4 other dealers within about an hour from my house, and I don't mine traveling.

I do all my standard maintaince myself, but the thing is going out of warranty in 6K, and I've got a 2 week trip out west comming up. There is some seepage on the bottom of the tranny I wanted looked at, and I thought I'd throw them a bone while it's in there.

The tire situation has been covered by Shadetree , and they bent over backwards to instantly get a refund, so for $122 + $20 (off bike)per tire for m&b I'll have a new set of Storms on today.

Talk about night and day customer service!

Archived