IGNORED

06 or 07 RT?

Bill767

From a BMW newbie. What is the difference , if any, between the 2006 and the 2007 RT? Looking to buy an RT, planned on a new one, but found a very nice 2006 for sale. Thanks for the help.

I believe that the biggest difference is the elimination of the controversial servo/power/whatever brake system (present on the 2006, gone on the 2007 in favor of a simpler system.) You can search and read up on this topic but the bottom line is that some love the assisted brakes and some hate them. Perhaps you can test ride both models and see which you prefer.

Ride the '06 and if the brakes don't bother you, and the rest of the bike checks out, save the $$ and go for it.

OTOH if they drive you bonkers, try an '07.

I have driven the 07 and liked the brakes very much, in fact, I liked the whole bike a lot. Never drove a twin before, as I've always driven 4 cyl Japanese bikes up to now, so it's quite a bit different, but good different.

The 06 will have an unusual feel to the brake system compared to the 07. I got used to mine right away and saved the money on a used one. Ride both years and try the brakes.

Archived