IGNORED

New 2004 R1150RT in Phoenix

azgeek

I picked up a 2004 R1150RT two weeks ago at Scottsdale BMW. I have been commuting from the Cave Creek area to downtown Phoenix for the last year on a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 and have enjoyed nearly every ride. The BMW is definitely a step up in all aspects of riding; handling, stability, style, comfort and safety.

I have been reading the forums over the last few weeks and I am glad to see such active discussions. I used the Delphi Aero forums extensively in the last year when I had issues, questions, and needed a break at work.

The new bike is an 04 and had 10,000 miles; dealer did a full service before I picked it up. If you are ever going through Phoenix stop by the dealer they are really good people.

877335-P1020247.JPG.5261f402cf93e2e569281c92cd20d448.JPG

Bill_Walker

Welcome to the board, and to the "club" of '04 RT owners! It's a great and incredibly versatile bike.

Greg,

Congratulations on the bike and welcome to the Board. You will meet a lot of Phoenix area riders on this Board. Great individuals. Hope to meet you soon and also congratulations on becoming a Dad very soon...if you are too busy changing diapers I'll be happy to ride your bike!

Congrats on a great new (to you) bike! You'll love this forum and will learn a lot about your bike. I have a silver 2003 RT for a year and a half now and love it! Welcome! AndyT

I always have good luck getting the fastest color. My Honda is also silver and black, and the Shadow riders let me know it was the fastest also.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Welcome to the Board!!

Say, doesn't Sonny Barger and a lot of retired Hell's Angels live out your way?

Yes sonny lives in Cave Creek,,But I dont think you ever retire from the Hells Angels !!! Well maybe when you get shoot and die thumbsup.gif

They just ran an interview with him in the local quarterly flier. I keep waiting for him to walk into the bar one of these days. This is a big destination for riders on all makes, but Harleys are by far the biggest representation. I haven't been out to all the bars, but I would recommend the Buffalo Chip back bar to everyone. Good jukebox, pretty bartenders, and friendly folks; not to mention you can smoke out in back even after the smoking ban in Phoenix.

Archived