IGNORED

Mirror attachment 1997 R1100RT

Steven_Brown

Steven_Brown

Hello

I had a hard time taking the mirrows off of my 1997 R1100RT. I found that the 3 post from fairing go into 3 recepticals on mirrow with each receptical having 6 spring clips. Looks like previous owner put wire around the top of the 6 spring clips to limit their movement. Because their movement is limited they are very hard to come off but he probally was attempting to make sure mirrows stayed on. I think this fix is not factory nor recomended. I live in small town with no person with experience to ask and nearest dealer is 3 hours away. I appreciate the advise and think the wire should not be here and I should remove when fixing and reassembling. Please look at picture and advise.

873717-1997R1100RTMirror2nd.jpg.edd15206ce6d05c3b638a06ef5914e81.jpg

No, that's the way it's supposed to be. How did you attempt to remove them? The best way is to cradle it in one hand from the front and whack it really hard from back to front with the heel of your other hand.

I use just a bit of lithium grease on the posts before reinstalling. Hope that helps.

No, that's the way it's supposed to be. How did you attempt to remove them? The best way is to cradle it in one hand from the front and whack it really hard from back to front with the heel of your other hand.

Make sure you hit the outer edge of the housing & not the glass.

Mirror removal & installation can be intimidating when 1st attempted.

It would be great if someone could video the procedure & post it on youtubecom.

lurker.gif

Archived