IGNORED

Tire repair

feliz

I purchased a nice little BMW tire repair kit at my dealer today and have a question. I've previously alwlays used the stringy type plugs for repairing flats but I notice in this kit they supply an ovel shaped plug and I'm not sure how to use it. Do I insert it into the installer/scraper the same way I would a stringy plug and install it the same way or is there a different procedure, am I missing something? It looks like it would stay inside the tire!! Nice kit though, even has a knife but I'm not sure if the three little bottles will fill a tire. Thanks for any insight.

I purchased a nice little BMW tire repair kit at my dealer today and have a question. I've previously alwlays used the stringy type plugs for repairing flats but I notice in this kit they supply an ovel shaped plug and I'm not sure how to use it. Do I insert it into the installer/scraper the same way I would a stringy plug and install it the same way or is there a different procedure, am I missing something? It looks like it would stay inside the tire!! Nice kit though, even has a knife but I'm not sure if the three little bottles will fill a tire. Thanks for any insight.

Yes,install it just like any other plug/stringy's.

Oh,I forgot,the BM' plug is probably good for use on BIG holes only.

Normal nail holes will result in butchering the tire just to get it in the tire,so grab some string plugs and keep them in your kit too for them less than big holes.

Remember the trick to any plug insertion is plenty of "lubrication".

+1 on Rich's comment... there is no better way to butcher a perfectly good tire than to use the BMW kit on any kind of normal (small) puncture. Return the kit to your dealer if you can, or save it for the CO2 cartridges.

Personally I like the Dynaplug for roadside repairs (since it usually does no additional damage to the tire, unlike most external repair methods), then do an internal patch as soon as practical.

The BMW kit saved my butt last week when I was in the middle of nowhere Texas. However, it didn't matter about the tire since it was at the end of its life anyhow. But you're right about the size of those plugs. they put a nice big hole in the tire.

Wayne

Archived