IGNORED

WP shocks - anyone using

redhorse

for an r1150rt '04,there are more choices for replacements

shocks than ever. what's the feelings on WP? and have any tried HYPERPRO..are they equal (?)to wilbers?

cool.gif

Juan_in_a_million

2 years ago I installed a new set of WP socks on my 96 RT. They came adjusted to my weight and riding style. I had to send them my rear OEM sock so they could transfer the external adjuster to the new WP rear sock.

They are both adjustable for preload and the rear one is adjustable for damping. The bike, after installing the socks, feels like a brand new bike (or better). It corners great and run very smoothly even over bumpy roads.

Oh, the price was right too. I don't exactly remember but it was a little bit over $1000. They both are rebuildable (when needed) and the cost of rebuilding them is very cheap.

I'm pleased with them.

Cheers

Juan_in_a_million

I purchased them directly from Works Performance: http://www.worksperformance.com/html/home.html

The only glitch I had is that they misplaced the rear shock that I sent them to transfer the adjuster and the person on the phone, initially, denied any responsibility even when I told them the name of the employee signing the receipt (I send it through Fedex requiring signature). She said that it didn't mean they had received my shock because this person (the one who signed) signs for a lot of boxes every day (???) confused.gif

Once they found it, everything was quick and I'm very, very pleased with the product.

Juan Antonio

Westfield, NJ

sorry for any confusion.

any comments about white power shocks? not works.

i was told they have a front shock ($1000.00) that has high and low speed compression adjustment and rebon..spring pre-load is adjustable..

sorry for any confusion.

i was told they have a front shock ($1000.00) that has high and low speed compression adjustment and rebon..spring pre-load is adjustable..

White power is good stuff comparable or equal to Olins and Wilber. You are dabing around with the top of the shelf componets. As said by many "A suspension upgrade is the best improvement you can make on any bike". If you looking at these levels, I would recommend obtaining prices from WP(White Power), Olins and Wilber. Then go with the lowest price. As a final note, Works Suspension has been given a thumbs-up from most riders I speak too. I heard only one complaint, there service/repairs are a pain to get a hold of and obtain information. I think Works is a good bang-for-your buck.

Regards,

Tim

• 1 month later...
Don_Eilenberger
sorry for any confusion.

You might also look at HyperPro..

http://www.wilbersusa.com/ (Klaus used to be Wilbers US Importer).. I believe they also offer a front with high-low compression adjustments, single speed rebound, and spring preload adjustment. Worth asking Klaus about it - I believe the price would be considerably less than $1,000.

Archived