IGNORED

?? VStream windscreen ??

mos

Any one have the Vstream on their R1200RT? Pros/Cons please. Also It is +2" longer than stock but how much taller is it ?? I am 5'7" tall and want to look over it most of the time .

Mike

I have one on my 2005 R1200RT. It is a great improvement over the stock shield for blocking the wind. I am 5'8" and I can see over it in the lowered position up to about half way to the full up position. I only use the full up position for the screen when I am on Interstate highways.

Also how does the passenger like it ??

The wifey likes it *much* better than stock......WELL worth it for both me and her.

I love mine -- it is WAY better than stock.

A group purchase was organized on another forum (this forum has rules against group purchases) -- you might want to be on the lookout in case another purchase takes place.

(this forum has rules against group purchases)

Really? Huh......never knew that. Odd to have that rule on an enthusiast site.

Have had one on my 06 R1200RT for about 2000 miles now. I like it ok not a big difference over stock but worth it I think. A wider pocket of calm air and not as much back pressure. It is just a tad taler than stock but you can run it lower and realize the same effect. mild distortion at the mounting brackets but overall it is a worthwhile addition.

I love it, my wife hates it. She gets beat up pretty bad.

Sold my VStream because my wife threatened not to ride pillion any more. She was getting hammered. I actually thought it was sort of funny at one point while on I-91 through VT, then she disconnected the autocomlmao.gif.

I love it, my wife hates it. She gets beat up pretty bad.

Sold my VStream because my wife threatened not to ride pillion any more. She was getting hammered. I actually thought it was sort of funny at one point while on I-91 through VT, then she disconnected the autocomlmao.gif.

Odd - my wife said it was a big improvement from stock....and she is 5'11".

I just replaced my VStream with the stock windscreen. Like the air flow with the stock screen for the summer and I took about a 4MPG hit on fuel mileage with the VStream. I do get some buffeting from the stock screen that the VStream totally eliminated.

John in VA
I just replaced my VStream with the stock windscreen. Like the air flow with the stock screen for the summer and I took about a 4MPG hit on fuel mileage with the VStream. I do get some buffeting from the stock screen that the VStream totally eliminated.

My used '06 came with a VStream, and I concluded it was actually too big, even for winter. At any extension, the airflow didn't seem right - very sensitive to sidewinds and buffeting by trucks. I found a used stock shield and it was much smoother air, but still noisy around my helmet. For summer heat I wanted some clean direct air, like riding a naked bike. For the past month I've had a CB Sundome Sportshield, and it's amazing how quiet it is when my Arai gets clean direct air with the shield all the way down. The stock shield will go back on in the chilly fall, but meanwhile it's great to have the wide-open view and super-smooth cooling air around my helmet.

pre1200rt202.jpg

pre1200rt201.jpg

Digtlartst,

How tall are you? I was thinking about purchasing the sun dome and wanted to make sure I WOULD be in clean air. I'm 6'2" and ride with the seat in the upper position...

Thanks

Mike

Any one have the Vstream on their R1200RT? Pros/Cons please. Also It is +2" longer than stock but how much taller is it ?? I am 5'7" tall and want to look over it most of the time .

Mike

It is just a bit taller than stock but much wider at the top. When it is all down it is really shoving air into your face - more than a naked bike without a windshield.

I bought a Cee Bailey and a Vstream and am currently testing the final prototype for California Scientific. They are all good but different. After the trip to the BMW track day this weekend and final testing I am going to give a full report on each including the positives and negatives of each and why you might want each of the above. There is no one best windshield, it depends on what you are looking at improving.

Most people at your height are fairly happy with stock. What are you trying to improve?

John in VA

Mike, I'm 6'0" and I can feel the wind down to about my chin, so you'd definitely be in the breeze. They also make a V-shaped sportshield that's lower in the center for even more air:

pre1200rt203.jpg

Thanks John.

With the stock windshield I get air to about my chin with it down all the way. I like the look of the sundome one so much more (based on the pictures). It's pretty sporty looking, so I was more attracted to that. Do you run your seat in the low setting or the high?

Thanks,

MIke

Mike, I have a Corbin that I set on the highest setting, and barback/risers, plus I have the footpegs lowered because I don't like my knees scrunched up. The Sundome gives me a good blast of fresh air on the morning commute!

I have a Vstream on my '05 RT. I don't get blasted on the shoulders with wind gusts anymore, but I do notice a little instability when passing large trucks on the highway. I still prefer it over my stock screen because it is quiter.

Archived