IGNORED

front clear turn signal lens, how to replace them?

GTDAVE

I have the new clear lens, just wanted to see if I could get some pointers before tearing things apart, looks like the mirrors have to come off, thanks for any imput.

Obviously the person that told you to just take the mirrors off never installed these lenses.

You have to remove both mirrors, by just rapping them with your hand from the front & they will pop out, & THEN you have to remove both the left & side fairing covers.

After that, you have to remove the dash trim piece & then you have to remove bothe speakers.

You can see that there are fasteners that have to be removed before the original lens comes out. The one in the front is a SOB, because it is hard to get at. I removed the antenna ground to get the cable out of the way. Then I had easier access to the front fastener.

You can then GENTLY pull out the front of the faring & remove the old lens. Install the new lenses & your good to go. No, I didn't take any pictures of this job, in case you were going to ask.

thumbsup.gif

Obviously the person that told you to just take the mirrors off never installed these lenses.

You have to remove both mirrors, by just rapping them with your hand from the front & they will pop out, & THEN you have to remove both the left & side fairing covers.

After that, you have to remove the dash trim piece & then you have to remove bothe speakers.

You can see that there are fasteners that have to be removed before the original lens comes out. The one in the front is a SOB, because it is hard to get at. I removed the antenna ground to get the cable out of the way. Then I had easier access to the front fastener.

You can then GENTLY pull out the front of the faring & remove the old lens. Install the new lenses & your good to go. No, I didn't take any pictures of this job, in case you were going to ask.

thumbsup.gif

It may actually be easier to remove the whole front(which holds the headlight and turn-signal assemblies). You already have to take the left and right fairings off(8 screws); it's just another 8 screws and two winshield bracket pins away from comming off.

Link to Removal of Front-end.

Here's a picture of the front-end off the bike.

155991241-L.jpg

Archived