IGNORED

Geographic Distribution of Members in the US/Canada--Please Vote

David

Where Are You in the US/Canada?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that the board has been around for a number of years, we're curious about the geographic distribution of our members in North America (US/Canada). Yes, we know there are many members around the world, but please only respond to this if you are in the US or Canada. smile.gif

We want to define the east/west line basically as 281, which starts in the south at McAllen, TX, and extends northward through San Antonio, TX, Wichita Falls, TX, Hutchinson, KS, Grand Island, NE, Aberdeen, SD, Jamestown, NK, and then straight north through Manitoba (Winnipeg would be in the "east"). Dallas, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Sioux Falls, Fargo, and Winnipeg are all east of that line. Amarillo, San Antonio, Abilene, Rapid City, and Regina are all west of that line.

us.jpg

ShovelStrokeEd

Ya know, for quite a few of us, that varies on a nearly weekly basis at this time of the yer.

Home is where the heart is, doncha know.

Ed

With Florida's record on voting - you know, hanging chads and all - I don't think we should allow anyone from Florida to vote until they clear that whole thing up. tongue.gif (just kidding)

And for you riders in West Virgina - your actually EAST of that line. Don't be fooled by the name of your state. We want accurate results. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

(sorry, it's been one of those mornings)

If someone would be so kind as to point out which country on that map is North America, I'd be happy to vote.

(whoops, forgot...no political discussions allowed) dopeslap.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

panthercity
31.7 miles east, to be exact...

How can you tell? That line appears to be 12.9 miles thick....

Line? We don't need no stinkin' line!

I'm 31.7 miles east of US-281

steve.foote
If someone would be so kind as to point out which country on that map is North America, I'd be happy to vote.

(whoops, forgot...no political discussions allowed) dopeslap.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Sorry you missed the North American elections Jim. I was overwhelming elected president. Good luck next time. tongue.gif

Sorry you missed the North American elections Jim. I was overwhelming elected president. Good luck next time. tongue.gif

I remand a decount! eek.gif

grin.gif

Interesting poll, David. I wonder how the final results will correlate with the overall population density.

Not sure, Dex, but as someone who is in the east, I'd have to say that the most dense folks are in the west. tongue.gif

I'd have to say that the most dense folks are in the west.

Waaaaait a minute. I thought we were spaced out cool.gif

You do know, of course, that you can all be either east or west of the line - depends which way you go round this rock we share.

grin.gif

I did my virtual duty and voted, but when I clicked on the thread I was hoping to punch a Northern California button on the poll and see how many folks are in my area.

Why not have a poll with 5, 10 or 50 places to vote for? By States and Provinces? I think California could have 5 or 6 regions to vote for, lots of states at least two if the UBB.threads software can handle it.

Jim VonBaden
I did my virtual duty and voted, but when I clicked on the thread I was hoping to punch a Northern California button on the poll and see how many folks are in my area.

Why not have a poll with 5, 10 or 50 places to vote for? By States and Provinces? I think California could have 5 or 6 regions to vote for, lots of states at least two if the UBB.threads software can handle it.

I agree! It would be very interesting to see us broken out by state!

Jim cool.gif

I agree! It would be very interesting to see us broken out by state!

As RT owners, we must remember, that it's bad karma / tempting fate, to use the term "broken"...... nono.giftongue.gif

David, how about making the next Geographic Poll, North and South. That ought to get some discussion going for sure! smile.gif

FWIW, the mean population center of the US in 2000 was 37°41'49" North, 91°48'34" West - 2.8 miles east of Edgar Springs, Phelps County, Missouri. About at this star on the map (attached). I would have thought it was slightly further north... Source.

358917-us.jpg.0dfa3a295817cfc8d9f9b4c7bca6bb8d.jpg

Interesting poll, David. I wonder how the final results will correlate with the overall population density.

I'm sure many others here besides myself have been characterized as "Thick". What does that have to do with which of these countries is North America? dopeslap.gif

Archived