IGNORED

Rut-row! Now I done gone and did it...

steve.foote

Does the site change all the post after you up update your info.

Yes.

Nice bike by the way.

My thought as well..... Oh and also how I dislike all you dirty guys tongue.gif

Congrats anyway Steve grin.gif

steve.foote
So, tell me why you picked that bike? Are you planning some more dual sporting with it? Off road on tight stuff, it'll be a lot more of a handful than your DRZ.

So, tell me why you picked that bike? Are you planning some more dual sporting with it? Off road on tight stuff, it'll be a lot more of a handful than your DRZ.

That's what I thought too. I've been riding a lot down here with others on KTM640 Enduro's and 950 Adventures. We have been swapping bikes and I found that the 640's were as good or better behaved off road than the DRZ. I've never had a problem keeping up with them off road, but on road is a different story. Basically, I was drawn to more power.

The seat height of the 640 is a little bit lower than the DRZ though the bike looks taller. It's kind of an optical illusion. The 625 seat is about the same height as the DRZ400. I can just barely touch the ground on both sides, while stopped, on either bike.

The 625 weighs almost ten pounds less than the DRZ, even though it has 225cc more displacement. It has the LC4 engine, comes with WP suspension and also has a kickstart in case the starter fails. It should do better (a very subjective term for these bikes) on the highway between trails.

I originally began looking for a clean 01 or 02 640 Enduro until one of the guys got a 625 SXC. The bikes (640 & 625) are almost identical in size and handling, but the 625's are newer with most that found their way to the US in the 03 and 04 range. I was good with either bike, but found more low-mileage 625's.

believe you can get a thule roof rack for your shiny, silver bmw hot rod and transport the katoom like a mountain bike. lmao.gif just lift it up, lock it in and off you go. you'd then be the fastest going and coming. wave.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)

It's too clean. tongue.gif

Bring that thing out west, I can point you to some good roads.

steve.foote
believe you can get a thule roof rack for your shiny, silver bmw hot rod and transport the katoom like a mountain bike. lmao.gif just lift it up, lock it in and off you go. you'd then be the fastest going and coming. wave.gif

Danny, you'll have to come up and give it a try.

Great idea Bill. Considering that the BMW has a sunroof, I could set the cruise control and do a hot launch from the rack. That would be fun. eek.gifgrin.gif

Tom, trust me, I'll deal with the cleanliness issue this Sunday. After we loaded it in the back of my truck, the original owner was saying goodbye and mentioned that the bike really looked good. I told him to keep that memory because it'll never be that clean again. grin.gif

Steve, until you & Bill put proper tires on your new bikes, your still mine in the dirt.

Meh, nevermind. Tires won't help ya. grin.gif

lurker.gif

steve.foote
Steve, until you & Bill put proper tires on your new bikes, your still mine in the dirt.

lurker.gif

MT21's will be in tomorrow. I'm comin for you! There's nowhere to hide. grin.gif

We're a virtual hot-bed of motorcycle activity, especially those born in Germany and/or Austria. wink.gif

Just out of curiosity, did you purchase from an individual or a dealer?

lurker.gif

MT21's will be in tomorrow. I'm comin for you! There's nowhere to hide. grin.gif

Bring it on, baby! cool.gif

Steve_Witmer
KTM 625 SXC

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have us a bonofide winner!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Actually, Rainy was the first to call it several posts ago, when she said:

"Love the new signature Steve..."

Nobody else picked up the hint for a while.

KTM 625 SXC

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have us a bonofide winner!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Actually, Rainy was the first to call it several posts ago, when she said:

"Love the new signature Steve..."

Nobody else picked up the hint for a while.

It wasn't identified in the signature until after I posted the model#

steve.foote

Yep, Michael is the certified winner.

When I first started this thread, my sig line showed "2003 ?????". When Eric picked KTM, the sig line changed to "2003 KTM???" and so on until Michael got the model right.

Whenever you make a change to your signature, it automatically changes it for all of your posts.

Whenever you make a change to your signature, it automatically changes it for all of your posts.

Too bad getting a better bike doesn't make you a better rider, too. lmao.giflmao.gif

Ohh, gawd, I'm gonna pay for that one. lurker.gif

Yep, Michael is the certified winner.

When I first started this thread, my sig line showed "2003 ?????". When Eric picked KTM, the sig line changed to "2003 KTM???" and so on until Michael got the model right.

The most amazing thing about winning is that when I went into a McDonalds and purchased some fries, I actually got the ketchup for free!

Eternally grateful to RightSpin! tongue.gifdopeslap.gif

bakerzdosen

Too bad getting a better bike doesn't make you a better rider, too. lmao.giflmao.gif

Not if you take the bridge next time... (but thanks for proving your point for us previously... smile.gif )
steve.foote

If you think the water crossing in NC was bad...

Esscape ride.

Um hm, you're going across that baby, dude. eek.gif

A; The water's not even half way up to your axle.

B; You're on a flippin' sand bar.

And 3; That's not even you!!!

Sheesh, I may not know a bridge when I see one, but I do know a schmuck. wave.gif

Whatcha want I should bring?

GS, or XR? lurker.gif

Not if you take the bridge next time... (but thanks for proving your point for us previously...

Any yahoo can ride across a bridge(even on an ST grin.gif). But if I had, you wouldn't have enjoyed the ride tale NEARLY as much.

Congrats on your new, beautiful bike! Be careful with that thing, looks like it would be a bear if you grab too much throttle and you are not positioned right.

steve.foote

Alright Schmuckola, here is one of me in up to my seat. tongue.gif

jcg030407_1d2.gif

I won't go into details why I chose the deep end, but it's explained here.

Bring the GS, let's make it fun. lmao.gif

Archived